T Nation

First WSB Program

Okay then guys.

I put together a training programme, that I'll start to use after my next competition in may.

After reading around here, I realized that It sould be somewhat balanced so that I'don't have to worry too much about injuries and stuff, hope I did that :slightly_smiling:

I started lifting 14 months ago and currently I weigh 145lbs@5'4" and my best lifts some weeks ago were a 341squat,236bench and a 385deadlift.

My goal is to increase my strength levels and gain a little muscle to fill out the weight class(higher class maybe next year then).
Bodyfat% should stay moderatly low, or be lowered(but that won't work very well cuz I have a hard time sticking to a healthy and good diet....)

As recuperative measures I do a lot of low intensity walking, like one hour per day(mandatory ...public transportation sucks), and get a massage frome time to time, as well as trying to use the sauna of my university.
I'll get some protein powder, creatine and fish oil, and hopefully some Powerdrive.

I am used to high volume training, so I guess I'll survive the proream :slightly_smiling:

here It is:

Split:
MO: ME Lower Body
TU: Accessory I
WE: ME Upper Body
TH: Accessory II
FR: DE Lower
SA: BWE Stuff
SU: DE/RE Upper Body

Monday - ME Lower Body

I. Warmup

-Dynamic Flexibility
Perform 4 Circuits of "Quadrupled Hip Mobility, Over Under Drills, Squat to Stand, other Dynamic Stetches"
Reps as feel

-Motor Control
Perform 4 Circuits of "Scorpions, Mini Band Sidesteps, Hip Correction, Floor Bridges, Birddogs" Reps as feel

• Low Box Jumps(periodically)
  • Kettlebell/Plate Swings
    -Hip Flextor Stretching

II. Main Session

A) ME Exercise - Work up to 1-3RM
Pick one: Box Squat, Power Squat, Sumo Deadlift, Reverse Band Sumo Deadlift, Deadlift off Boxes

B)Supplemental Movement heavier RE
3-6 Sets of 6-10, 10x3, 5x5 etc
Cycle Conv Deadlifts for Reps, Romanian Deadlift, Good Morning, Pull Thru, Snatch Grip Deadlift

C1) Abdominal Movement
Pick one: Plank, Cable Crunch, Weighted Crunch, Leg Raise, Side Bend, ab Machine, Full contact Twist, Wood Choppers
C2) Lower Back Work
Pick: High Rep Band GM, Static Back Extienions, Back Extensions with Weights, Back Extension with Bands or Bodyweight only, Back Machine

D) Lighter Upper Back/Shoulder Prehab 3 Sets of 15-20
Pick one: Band Pull Apart, Bent Over lateral/Plate Raise, Face Pulls, Cuban Rotations, Rear Delt Machine

III. Stretching

Stretchingof Hip Flextors, Quads, 90/90 Stretch, Good Morning Stretch, Toe Touches

Tuesday - Accessory I

I. Mobility

-Dynamic Flexibility
Perform 4 circuits of "Quadrupled Hip Mobility, Over Under Drills, Squat to Stand, other Dynamic Stetches"
Reps as feel

-Motor Control
Perform 4 Circuits of "Scorpions, Mini Band Sidesteps, Hip Correction, Floor Bridges, Birddogs" Reps as feel

• Doggcrap Shoulder Rotations/Mobility

• Terminal Knee Extensions with Band

II. Technique Work

Perform 5 Circuits of 5 Reps with just empty bar of the powerlifts.
Focus on Technique.

III. Shoulder/Rotator Work

Perform 4 Circuits of "Fasten Seatbels", "Draw Sword", Cuban Rotations, Bent over laterals, Face Pulls etc

IV. Core Work+Stuff

A1) 3 -5 Sets of Overhead Squats
B2) Some Sort of Calf Raise

Short Rest intervalls between exercises and pairings

B)3-4 Sets of Ab Exercises. Moderate to heavy

V. Grip Work

Do in 3 Circles:

A)Supporting Grip
Pick one: Hercules Hold, Farmers Walk, Cripper Hold

B)Pinch Grip
Pick one: Plate Pinch, Dumbbell Pinch

C) Rotational Grip work 3 Sets
Wrist Roller

VI. Curls for da Girls

Perform some Sets of Curls, Preferably in the Squat Rack (haha)

Wednesday - ME Upper Body

I. Warmup

Doggcrap Shoulder Rotations/Mobility
Arm Rotations
Light Cable Flies
Hip Flextor Stretching
Clapping Pushups

II. Main Session

A) ME Movement - Work up to 1-3RM
Choose one: Close Grip Bench, Board Presses, Floor Presses, Shirted Benching

B) Suppelemntal Movement - Heavier RE
Cycle DB Presses, DB Incline, Raw bench, Decline Bench, Dips Close Grip Inclines

C)Lat work 1-2 Movements 3-6 Sets
Chin Up, Pull up,Lat Pulldown BB Bent over Row, V-Bar Row, T-Bar Row, Chest Supported Row, Cable Rows, One Arm Row

D) Shoulder Exercises
Front, Lateral, Bent over Lateral Raises with Freeweights Cables or bands, Cuban Press, Sword Draw, Fasten Seatbelt

E) Ab work same Exercises as Day one

III. Stretching

Pectorals, Traps Shoulders Hip Flextors

Thursday - Accessory II

I. Mobility

-Dynamic Flexibility
Perform 4 Circuits of "Quadrupled Hip Mobility, Over Under Drills, Squat to Stand, other Dynamic Stetches"
Reps as feel

-Motor Control

• Doggcrap Shoulder Rotations/Mobility

• Terminal Knee Extensions with Band

II. Technique Work

Perform 5 Circuits of 5 Reps with just empty bar of the powerlifts.
Focus on Technique.

III. Shoulder/Rototor Work

Perform 4 Circuits of "Fasten Seatbels", "Draw Sword", Cuban Rotations, Bent over laterals, Face Pulls etc

IV. Core Work+Stuff

A1) 3 -5 Sets of Overhead Squats
B2) Some Sort of Calf Raise

Short Rest intervalls between exercises and pairings

B)3-4 Sets of Ab Exercises. Moderate to heavy

V. Grip Work

Do in 3 Circles:

A)Crushing Grip
Ivanko Super Gripper

B) Wrist Curls

C) Wrist extensions

I'll not overdo Wrist curls/extensions it, as my Wrists are quite weak.

VI. Curls for da Girls

Perform some Sets of Curls

Friday - DE Lower Body

I. Warmup

Same as Monday

II. Main Session

A) DE Exercise 10x2
Box Squats Straight weights, or Bands, maybe I'll get Chains

B)alternate Speed Pulls 8x1/ Power Snatches

C) Supplemental Movement 3-6x8-15
cycle Lunges, Step Ups, Bulgarian Squat, Leg Presses

D) Abs

E) Lower Back

Saturday - BWE Stuff

High Rep Training to flush Blood through the muscles and build connective tissue

3 Sets of Bodyweight Squats for reps (should be in the range above 80reps )
2 Sets of Pushups for Reps (40-60 range)
4 Sets of Prone Rows/Fatman Pullups or whatever (20+ Reps)
3 Sets of Band Pull Aparts
3Sets of Terminal Knee Extensions with Band
1-2 Sets of Crunches

And occasionally when I pass the Pullup bar in the basement do some Pullup/Chipups there.

I guess I won't do this workout every week, just when I feel like doing it, as on weekends I'm in my home hometown with parents and friends.

Sunday - DE/RE Upper Body

I. Warmup

Same as ME Day

II. Main Session

A) 8x3 Speedbenches. Focus on Technique
Use Bands or Straight Weight

or

A) Hypertrophy Style Work
Close Grip Benches, Board Presses, Raw BB BP,

Supplemental & Accessory Work as ME Day, but different loading parameters&Exercises.

III. Stretching

Pectorals, Traps, Shoulders, Hip Flextors.

Okay, thank you for reading this whole long text. I'd appreciate your comments, suggestions, critique and so on.

Its not not the quantity of the program but the quality. If you just started to train 14 months ago than this might be a bit too much for strength & size gains. Unless you are taking some REALLY GOOD VITAMINS. A really good book to get is from elitefts and it is called Beginners Manual. I have used it with great success. JMO

Mike Hanley

i don't think that it is complicated enough...

Could you please explain what Fasten Seatbels", "Draw Sword are? I am always looking for better ways to warm up the shoulders and keep them healthy.

I got these from an article on shoulder helath, impingiment syndrome from John Berardi's site.

Looks cool. Personally, I would shitcan the speed work and replace it with some kind of heavier weight rep work- e.g in lieu of a WS-style DE bench session, do your warm up sets, then do 5 @60%, 4 @70%2, 3 @80%5. I really never got anything out of speedwork, but perhaps you might

I would keep the speed work. Many advanced lifters don't do it weekly, but they did on their way to becoming elite.

Looks good on paper.

I think you could have success with the program, just don't forget to deload the fourth weekk, seems like a lot of work.

Give it a go, and let us know how it goes.