First Workout of the Week

Monday was chest and arms, I took the advice of lowering my reps to 6 and hitting the Incline bench first as opposed to starting on the flat bench, which seemed to knock my numbers down straight away, did decline press for the first time too, here is my routine and numbers from today.

Incline Barbell press
: 3 sets@6reps@50kg

Flat Barbell press
: 3 sets@6reps@55kg

Decline Barbell press
: 3 sets@6reps@55kg

Chest dumbbell flies
:3 sets@6reps@16kg

Lying overhead tricep extensions
: 3 sets@6reps@26kg

Cable bicep curls
:3 sets@6reps@25kg

seated regular curls
:3 sets@6reps@ 4x14kg/2x12kg & 2x14kg/4x12kg

Tricep cable pull downs (holding the ball on wire)
3 sets@6reps@10kg

Seated hammer curls(drop sets)
: 3sets@6reps@ 4x14kg/2x12kg (forced last couple reps)

Yes the weight is crappy but I am doing perfect form and don’t see the point in lifting really heavy with stupid form like half the guys there were doing. Is the order of chest excersizes optimal and would you recomend cutting or adding any excersizes?

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
Is the order of chest excersizes optimal and would you recomend cutting or adding any excersizes?
[/quote]

optimal for what? size, strength of a certain lift, endurance?

I am looking to build size and strength.

I have decided to take advice and bulk rather than worry about current bodyfat and pack some muscle and gain strength and cut later.

I am just worried that I may be doing the wrong excersizes?

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
I am just worried that I may be doing the wrong excersizes?[/quote]
You are.

Even without knowing how you’re training the rest of your body, at your current level of (non)-development, there’s no need for you to be doing three kinds of chest presses and three kinds of curls in the same session.

Based on this thread and your rear delt thread, you absolutely need to choose one of the dozens and dozens of workout programs on this site, and follow it to the letter for several months without interruption.

If I only do one type of bench I dont ache in my chest.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
If I only do one type of bench I dont ache in my chest.[/quote]

Soreness is no indicator of having properly stimulated the muscles. There’s a number of threads discussing this. You can search for them.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
If I only do one type of bench I dont ache in my chest.[/quote]

Your goal is not to “ache in your chest”. Your goal is to get stronger and bigger.

Pick a proven program and don’t change a thing.

Big x2 to the guys above.

If you want your chest to ache, sleep on some marbles. If you want results, train smarter.

cheers guys, am looking for one now. I always thought if I wasnt sore then I was being lazy.

What words should I type to find, ive put in programme and routine etc but nothing really showing of any help.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
cheers guys, am looking for one now. I always thought if I wasnt sore then I was being lazy.[/quote]

You and about a million other gym-rats out there.

I have never ever used decline press. 90% of my benching is flat, using incline as an accessory sparingly. I don’t do flyes either. or cable crossovers. or pec decks. And I rarely use dumbbells.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
What words should I type to find, ive put in programme and routine etc but nothing really showing of any help.[/quote]

search through the articles, not the forums. You can search by author that way.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
search through the articles, not the forums. You can search by author that way.[/quote]

x2. Find a program designed toward your goals that works with your schedule.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
What words should I type to find, ive put in programme and routine etc but nothing really showing of any help.[/quote]

search through the articles, not the forums. You can search by author that way.[/quote]

by the way, you obviously haven’t put a lot of time into searching for a program, since you posted that 3 minutes after your previous post. Why not spend a good chunk of time reading articles on this site, like, at least a few hours, and then decide on a program? Isn’t finding a good program worth the investment in time? People want to help you here, not spoon-feed you.

[quote]louiek wrote:

^Everything in this thread. The routines in here are bodybuilding oriented. It seems from your routine that that is what you’re after.

If your goals are more strength oriented, or a middle ground between the two, check out these:

5/3/1
WS4SB
Juggernaut method
Starting Strength
Texas Method

I have looked through alot but the one that stood out is the 5X5 one, however there is no actual official list of excersizes or progression times, so there are tonnes of different 5X5 programs, some offering accesory lifts like lateral raises that go to 8 reps??

I am thinking of joining a real bodybuilding gym near me rather than stay at the one I am at too as when I try and go eavy they come over and moan about the noise etc.

German volume training seemed good, but I always used 10 rep range and since I lowered to 6 and 5 i feel I am getting stronger and developing better so I think the 5X5 is the program I will be using.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

I am thinking of joining a real bodybuilding gym near me rather than stay at the one I am at too as when I try and go eavy they come over and moan about the noise etc.

[/quote]

lol wut? How the fuck are you making too much noise? Are you screaming when you’re bench pressing 150 lbs?

PS, stronglifts PDF has been found looks god, more for strength though, but I think I need to get stronger first before worying about getting big, Cant get huge with a 60kg bench HA!

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

[/quote]

lol wut? How the fuck are you making too much noise? Are you screaming when you’re bench pressing 150 lbs?[/quote]

when im doing deadlifts and smahsing the discs lol