First Weightlifting Meet

So, I’ve been training for the olympic lifts specifically for about 2.5 months now (done plenty of power cleans for wrestling prior to that but never training for weightlifting specifically and had only done snatch a few times), had my first meet this weekend.

Went 6/6, hit 100/105/110 in the snatch and 130/135/140 in the clean and jerk in the 105 class (all #s in kilos). Still doing power snatches/cleans.

Vid: First WL Meet - YouTube

The first snatch didn’t make it into the vid. The 110 snatch was a 2.5kg PR and the 140 clean and jerk was a 5kg PR.

Awesome job! You are one strong motherfucker because you are muscling a lot of those lifts up. You hit a body weight snatch so congrats. If you learn the technique a bit better you’ll find that you can do a lot heavier weight, and the weights will just “fly up”. (All Oly lifters know what I mean when I say “fly up”, the best feeling in the world… you know it was good technique when that happens).

What club do you lift in? How old are you? If you’re 20 and under, you should be able to qualify for junior nationals. The bottom is a link for the canadian junior championship results.

http://ontarioweightlifting.ca/canadian%20juniors%202009.htm

I lift at the Olympic Oval in Calgary, not part of an actual “club” but I work with a pretty good coach and the location’s convenient to boot. And I’m 21, so I’ve missed any chance at competing as a junior. Hopefully I should be able to qualify for Canadian senior nationals next year though, after I’ve got a few more meets under my belt.

Nice job!

What happened to the video? Regardless, great job!

The power you displayed is insanely impressive.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
I lift at the Olympic Oval in Calgary, not part of an actual “club” but I work with a pretty good coach and the location’s convenient to boot. And I’m 21, so I’ve missed any chance at competing as a junior. Hopefully I should be able to qualify for Canadian senior nationals next year though, after I’ve got a few more meets under my belt.[/quote]

Great Job!

What weightclass are you in? I’m hoping to qualify next year as well.

Great job man! When you learning to squat snatch/clean, you will be lifting A LOT more!

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
Great job man! When you learning to squat snatch/clean, you will be lifting A LOT more![/quote]

No shit! He’ll be a (bigger) beast when he gets the form down.

Yikes, those looked like 50% lifts. Nice work.

Impressive man!

They did not look heavy for you and you have more in them now!

As your full lift technique gets better you’ll be edging 120/155 soon easily!

Congrats!

Koing

Dang! Thats some power man.

Nice job bro