First TRT Treatment

Hey guys,

I’m looking to start TRT pretty soon but am looking for good doctors in the DC area. A little background: I’m just over 30 years old, feel like i have a low libido, and I can’t lose fat for the life of me. As soon as I look at a piece of cake, it’s like a gain 2 pounds.

Now, I know if I go to a doctor’s office they’ll do some bloodwork and tell me my test levels are “normal.” I read the complete guide to TRT about how to test for low T levels on this website so I’m looking for a doctor who will do that.

I found two offices that you pay out of pocket mostly:

1. Obsidian Men’s Health in McLean, VA
  2. PRC in DC.

Don’t know too much about the 2nd one. A visit to Obsidian will cost me $570 for one consultation (I’ll need two) and then $250 a month after that.

Here’s the problem, the LAST thing I want is to go to one of these offices, pay them $570 just for them to tell me “meh, your test levels are normal. Thanks for the $570. Good luck!” or prescribe me some gel.

Do I think I have low test? I have no clue. Do I want to SHOW that I have low test so I can get on TRT ? Absolutely. Who can help me out with some of their own experience so I can be put on TRT by a doctor who will monitor all my levels and I can be safe?

I need your guys’ expertise and help on this.

You can order your labs if you do not live in NY, NJ, RI, MD or MA

Many on-line lab services are via lab-corp, see if close to you:

One site, there are others probably better for you, this requires membership for good prices: Shop Vitamins & Supplements - Life Extension

You need TT, FT, LH/FSH, prolactin, CBC, fasting lipids, fasting glucose, TSH [fT3, fT4 would be useful, if thyroid function via oral body temperatures is low.

First see if you have thyroid problems, see the paragraph below re oral body temperatures. Thyroid problems make you fat and have most of the same symptoms of low-T.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Compare between privatemdlabs.com and discountedlabs.com. Both use labcorp for blood work. Test everything that KSMan suggested. And test oral body temperatures like he asked. A simple oral thermometer will do the trick, super cheap on Amazon. And personally I think everyone should have a blood pressure monitor at home and test as often as you want. Omron 5 is what I have. Cheap and works great. Good luck!

Thanks guys!

I appreciate the feedback.

So, I have an appointment with PRC in DC or Potomac Rejuvenation Center" who’s owner is Eric North. When I looked at the website, Eric North is not a doctor, and they do not have any actual doctors working for them. Just a certified nurse, a former supplement salesman and the owner Eric North himself.

Sounds shady to me. What do you guys think?

It’s PRCinDC.com. They want $195 for a consultation, $125 for bloodwork and then $490 for a 10 week supply for test.

$125 blood work sounds inadequate. Do your own and save their $125.

You will know from here what you need and it is more than T.

Many places do not look at your overall health and have T-tunnel vision.