First Time Using Creatine

I bought some creatine, but I must confess I don’t really know what to do with it. From what I understand, it needs to be taken with something insulinogenic… but I don’t eat carbs except for a small amount at breakfast and Surge peri-workout 3xweek.

Should I load for a week, taking 5g at breakfast, 5g pre-workout and 5g post-workout? Or should I just start taking 5g daily with one of those meals.

In either case, with which meal should I take it?

Also, what should I expect?

I heard that there’s no need to load. How’s your diet and workouts? Assuming that you’re eating like you should and working out with intensity, you should expect to see some strength gains from creatine. Drink alot of water as well.

every time i do a little research i find different opinions on when to take it, how to take it, what type to take, and so on. my preference is micronized monohydrate before and after workouts, and morning and evening on non-lift days. i like to take it with waxy maize starch (vitargo cgl) due to its rapid digestion/absorption. a little water weight is the norm.

be forewarned that you might not see amazing results. creatine occurs naturally in the body, but rates vary from person to person. if your body is producing a sufficient amount supplementation will not help. but hey, you never know until you try

[quote]burbanky wrote:
I heard that there’s no need to load. How’s your diet and workouts? Assuming that you’re eating like you should and working out with intensity, you should expect to see some strength gains from creatine. Drink alot of water as well. [/quote]

Diet is good, I think. somewhere north of 4000kcal/day, mostly protein and fat. Training is strength-oriented, so it should be pretty easy to gauge effectiveness.

Loading is a pretty highly debated topic as to if it’s needed or not. I say give it a try, it’s not like creatine is a pricey supp.

As for when to use it, mixing it in with your Surge is a great time.

Can I take protien with creatine, can I just dump 5 grams in my shake and mix it?

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Can I take protien with creatine, can I just dump 5 grams in my shake and mix it?[/quote]

yes you can put it in whatever

I put my creatine in Surge :wink:

Especially your socks.

I never did the loading phase, my body soaked it up really fast the first time.

I’d say keep creatine as a part of your diet just because recent studies are showing that creatine monohydrate has the potential to ward of dementia and other brain related disorders. Studies only talk about monohydrate, they haven’t run CEE or anything else through the same batch of trials yet.

You’re majoring in the minor stuff.

If you feel like loading, then you can divide it up over three servings during the day (breakfast, lunch and post-workout). It’s not necessary, but you can load if you want.

Or, you can just take five grams per day and take it with your Surge on workout days and with breakfast on non-workout days.

5g in my Surge on workout days, 5g in my AM green tea on non workout days does me good.

Thibs says to load, Berardi says you don’t need to…lots of different opinions

Loading is only a week and wouldn’t hurt to try really. I take mine with water but like Nate Dogg said, always mix it in with Surge after a workout and take it in the AM other days.

I only take creatine on workout days which is 3 days a week. Should I be taking it on non-workout days as well?

/hijack

[quote]Muscles297 wrote:
I only take creatine on workout days which is 3 days a week. Should I be taking it on non-workout days as well?

/hijack[/quote]

Ideally, yes.

Take it with your breakfast.