First Time Training Log

TODAY IS CHRISTMAS EVE!!! I’m pretty stoked… I’ve always been a Christmassy gut. Anyways, I did have time to hit up the gym today. It was a back day. A pretty dam short one too. IT was intense!

Deadlift
2 sets (12 X 135)
2 sets (12 X 155)
5 sets (7 X 205)

Pull Ups
4 sets to failure superseted with Lat Pulldown 120… and I go ALLL The way down.

1 Arm Rows
2 sets (45 X 12)
4 sets (55 X 8-10)

What are your goals? Stats? Your routine? I NEED INFO!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot the basics. Here are my stats

Bench: 165 lbs
Squat: 200 lbs
Deadlift:… I’ve never tried a 1rm for the deadlift but I can usually crank out about 4 reps with 215 lbs.

I want to put some size on my frame. I lost five pounds over the past month, (some of it might have been water,)probably just due to not comitting to my diet. It works pretty well. Lots of egggs, other good protein sources, and good complex carbs. Anyways, would this one workout be considered high volume or would it need more sets? I want a HIGH volume workout.

You squat 200lbs and made a thread about your legs being to big??

Hehehehe… just eat, sleep, lift the big three… and Grow! :smiley:

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
You squat 200lbs and made a thread about your legs being to big??[/quote]

Yea, im not really understanding that either.

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
You squat 200lbs and made a thread about your legs being to big??[/quote]

Not too big, un proportioned.

Ya… you should still train legs though… train everything… and it’ll balance itself out…

[quote]VibeAlive wrote:
Ya… you should still train legs though… train everything… and it’ll balance itself out…[/quote]

It was a stupid post, I’m gonna train them tomorrow. In the morning probably because it’s the most convinient. DO you guys have any experience with training in the morning? (Legs)

You know what? It WASN’T stupid… you were just thinking… and it made sense… then were told that training them in general was better… not a big deal… don’t worry about it…

It depends… Personally… I’ve found that I lift around 25% lighter when I switch from evening to morning and vice-versa… you’ll get used to it… depends on your goals as well… but if they are to pack on size… then make sure you get a nice big meal in before hand…

[quote]VibeAlive wrote:
You know what? It WASN’T stupid… you were just thinking… and it made sense… then were told that training them in general was better… not a big deal… don’t worry about it…

It depends… Personally… I’ve found that I lift around 25% lighter when I switch from evening to morning and vice-versa… you’ll get used to it… depends on your goals as well… but if they are to pack on size… then make sure you get a nice big meal in before hand…[/quote]

Yeah thanks man I guess there are no stupid questions… well there ARE some but I was just curious. And tomorrow is LEG DAY!!!I always feel kind of hesitant before working legs but I’m so proud of myself afterwards. I might throw some cardio in later in the day if I eat enough. Here’s usually what my leg workout looks like

20 min working with Squats (This includes my warm up sets. Then on my last Ill drop set to really hit them.)

Leg Extension
4 X 10

Leg Curl
4 X 10

Lunges
1 X 12
1 X 10
1 X 8
1 X 6

If I can still walk I will do some weighted wall sits.

December 28 Shoulders BITCHES!!!

Warm UP for shoulder Press
3 sets with 50 pounds

Working sets
65 lbs. (2 X 12)
70 lbs. (3 X 10)
75 lbs. (3 X 8)

Lateral Raises
15 lbs. (4 X 12)

Side Raises
15 lbs. (4 X 10)

Front Raises
15 lbs. (4 X 10)

Rear Delt Machine

120lbs. (4 X 10)

What’s the difference between a side and lateral raise?

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
What’s the difference between a side and lateral raise?[/quote]

Different Angles basically.

Chest DAY IS AlWAYS EASy, Not because I lack intensity, (Because I don’t) but more so because I really feel the connection and I really enjoy it. Leg day: I feel the connection, but I hate it. I think I almost cried a few times. My Chest and Triceps feel like they can handle some more work so I might go back to the gym later on at around 7.

So my goal is 180. Once I meet my goal weight I am going to train for a half marathon. I know, I know, “You’ll lose all of your muscle.” Goals change though. ANd however it may sound, I DON"T plan on being 200 pounds… ever. Maybe my goals will change in the future but for now, 180 sounds good to me. TOdays AM workout

Warm UP
(Push ups followed imediately by pull ups.)

Bench Press

4 (145 X 8)

Incline Bench Press

4 (110 X 10)

Decline

4 ( 135 X 8)

Cable Cross Overs

3 X 10

Tricep

Cable pull down

4 X 10 (Last to tripple drop setted.)

Weighted Bench Dips

4 X 6

Skull crushers

3 X 12

Close Grip BP

3 X 10

I need to start doing this again…

TOdays workout was crazy!!! I decided to syperset my legs with my sholders just to mix things up a bit. I’ll try to write it out as best as possible/

Shoulder Press

50 pounds- 1 X 15

70 pounds- 10,8,8,8
Supersetted this with
Machine Squat

Warm up sets with 200 ponds

300 2 X 10

340 2 X 8

360 1 X 6

Upright Rows

70 pounds 4 X 8
Supersetted with

Dumbell Lunges

45 pounds 4 sets of 10

Lateral Raises Machine

60 pounds 3X 8
Supersetted with
Leg extension

150 pounds

3 sets of 10

LEGS!!!

So I decided to be a little unconventional today.I basically did two exercises for the whole workout. I gave Smith Machine Squats a go, and I am glad I did so. I also used The Leg Press. I switched Stances on both exercises. The reason I on;y used these two movements was because I can’t go to failure when squatting. Smith machine squat, regular squats, etc. it doesn’t matter I don’t have a spotter and I don’t want to look like a fool. So that’s where the leg press comes into play. (I can do forced reps on the leg press machine.)

All in all it went pretty good. I usually can tell how good my workout was by walking afterwards. If I CANT walk, then I went to absolute failure. If I can barely walk, I almost went to failure. If I can walk but not run, then I had a “good” workout. Today was “good”. Tomorrow ia cario. If I am comitted to eating enough tomorrow, I will have a deadlifting session later on too.

Todays workout has some serious volume in it. I look at training as being productive in one of two ways: Intensity, or Volume. Take my chest day for instance. SInce I’ve clarified with myself that I hate training with others, my chest workout usually has a ton of volume. (Lack of SPotter.) Well today was a back day and my deadlift went down.

Deadlift
5 X 7
3 X 10

Pull Ups

Wide Grip
5 sets to failure

Medium Grip
5 sets to failure

Clse Grip
5 sets to failure

Dumbell rows
2 sets 45 (12)
2 sets 55 (10)
2 sets 65 (10)

T bar Rows
I don’t know how to calculate weight on this seeing as how half the bar is inert, but I did three sets loaded up with 90 pounds.

I definitely need to start using this.

Last workout:

Decline Smith machine presses 11-15 rest-pause

Medium-grip upright rows 11-15 rest-pause

Close-grip Smith machine bench presses 11-20 rest-pause

Weighted Chins 11-15 rest-pause

T-bar rows 10-12

Diet looks pretty much identical to this

1 pack of original oatmeal
1 scoop of whey
2 eggs
1 tbsp Peanut Butter

4 eggs
2 packs of original oatmeal
1 scoop of whey
1 apple

1 scoo of whey Pre and post

2 packs of oatmeal
4 eggs
Salad with veggies and cottage cheese

8 0z of cottage cheese
2 tbsp peanut butter

Splenda and cinnamon on Oatmeal
Snacking on Low carb tortilla wrap bread.
Supplementing with creatine.

13 min run

Tomorrows workout

Incline seated dumbbell curls 11-20 rest-pause

Lying leg curls 15-30 rest-pause<<<< Was using Sumo Leg press,

Leg presses 4-8 + 20

Seated calf raises 10-12