First Time Taking Grow!

Hey guys, I just took my first serving (2 scoops with milk) of Classic Grow! and man, I didn’t drink anything shake that thick since 4 years ago with Myoplex MRP. This is good stuff.

Just curious, how come Low-Carb Grow! isn’t that thick? Cause of the carbs?

[quote]getbig wrote:
Hey guys, I just took my first serving (2 scoops with milk) of Classic Grow! and man, I didn’t drink anything shake that thick since 4 years ago with Myoplex MRP. This is good stuff.

Just curious, how come Low-Carb Grow! isn’t that thick? Cause of the carbs?[/quote]

Yes. Normally you use water with Grow!, not milk. That may have been the reason it was so thick.

[quote]GriffinC wrote:
getbig wrote:

Just curious, how come Low-Carb Grow! isn’t that thick? Cause of the carbs?

Yes. Normally you use water with Grow!, not milk. That may have been the reason it was so thick.[/quote]

Jack alert!
Is that true, only water with Grow!? I just bought my first Biotest supps and that included Grow!. In the past most proteins say water or milk. Now reading my container, it does not suggest milk. Reason? ok to mix with milk? Reactions or absorption reasons?

Sasquatch, unless I’m really watching caloric or carb intake I use fat-free milk in both Classic and Low-Carb Grow!.. You can’t beat the taste and if you’re aiming for mass the extra calories are a big help IMO!

[quote]Moderator Shaun wrote:
Sasquatch, unless I’m really watching caloric or carb intake I use fat-free milk in both Classic and Low-Carb Grow… You can’t beat the taste and if you’re aiming for mass the extra calories are a big help IMO![/quote]

He’s right.

Here’s another quick point: Grow! tastes amazing and has an amazing texture and “mouth feel” even without milk.

Some poor tasting, low quality protein supplements suggest milk to help disguise the taste. I was at the Olympia last year and busted several companies adding not only milk but pure heavy cream to their samples! Can you imagine what the poor customer thought when tasting it later at home mixed only with water?

Grow! tastes great with only water, which is good for those of us that don’t do well on milk or use Grow! for diet phases.

Lastly, some not-exactly-honest supplement companies list high protein content on their labels, but if you read the small print you’ll find that they’re counting the milk they suggest you use (and of course, they do not supply.) It’s a labeling dirty trick. Biotest doesn’t do that.

Thanks for the info. You guys have been most helpful with your willingness to answer questions an give advice. Both members and advisors, I thank you for your wealth of information and desire to pass that along.

Yeah, Thanks guys for helping us rookie out. I been serious training about 9 months (been lifting on and OFF for 4 yrs) ago and came back to this site few months ago for knowledge. I used to be 135 lbs 9 months ago and now I am 160 lbs and growing. Thanks! Biotest and T-Nation.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Here’s another quick point: Grow! tastes amazing and has an amazing texture and “mouth feel” even without milk.

Some poor tasting, low quality protein supplements suggest milk to help disguise the taste. I was at the Olympia last year and busted several companies adding not only milk but pure heavy cream to their samples! Can you imagine what the poor customer thought when tasting it later at home mixed only with water?

Grow! tastes great with only water, which is good for those of us that don’t do well on milk or use Grow! for diet phases.

Lastly, some not-exactly-honest supplement companies list high protein content on their labels, but if you read the small print you’ll find that they’re counting the milk they suggest you use (and of course, they do not supply.) It’s a labeling dirty trick. Biotest doesn’t do that.

[/quote]

THOSE BASTARDS!!!

When mixing Classic Grow! with milk it turns into pudding :. Great meal, but kinda hard to drink.

Now there’s a damn good idea for a bulking meal: Low-Carb Grow! mixed with heavy cream. Hell, over spring break I was making shakes with 2 cups whole milk and almost .5 cup cream.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I was at the Olympia last year and busted several companies adding not only milk but pure heavy cream to their samples! [/quote]

If I remember right Grow! has a thickening agent in it… Had to buy a bigger shaker bottle so I could add more water so it was easy to drink. One of my uses of protien powders is a quick on the go meal… while tasty Grow! was not quick!

Easy enough to deal with but definatly a complaint I have with the product