First Time Pulling 405

First time ever deadlifting 405. I know it’s with a trap bar but it’s a big accomplishment for me so i figured I’d share!

Oh my.

I really wanted to say something constructive, but I’m not sure what.

How about this: Your scream should be the least of your concerns at this point.

You are obviously making a good effort, but you are going to get hurt if you don’t fix your form and bouncing in a hurry.

The first thing I thought of when I saw that was DeiselWeasel.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Oh my.

I really wanted to say something constructive, but I’m not sure what.

How about this: Your scream should be the least of your concerns at this point.

You are obviously making a good effort, but you are going to get hurt if you don’t fix your form and bouncing in a hurry.

The first thing I thought of when I saw that was DeiselWeasel.[/quote]

definitely you’re right. This was done after 3 sets of 385 for more reps and without the bounce at the bottom. The whole point was really just to see if i could pull 400+. I’m sure i could do it with better form and will take a video next tuesday with a better camera and camera angle.

I think I heard your spine cry.

put the vid back up!

yeh where is it?

[quote]bignate wrote:
yeh where is it?[/quote]

Let it go. He was a bit over enthusiastic and posted a video before he was ready. The effort was there, so hopefully he takes the time to read these forums and the articles on this site and comes back with a real 405 dl with decent form in a couple months or so.

but i wann see it?

try not to cringe on this one

boobs:

kinda creepy though…i think we really fucked japan up with those nukes. sorry guys.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

try not to cringe on this one

boobs:

kinda creepy though…i think we really fucked japan up with those nukes. sorry guys.

[/quote]

candid gym videos are by far the best!

I’d like to point out that a year ago, He was barely pulling 185. We train at the same gym, so I can actually attest to the amazing overall progress he’s made (I’d say at LEAST 15 lbs of solid muscle,… and he’s about 6’3 to boot). And to be completely frank, I egged him on to go for 405, he was already freaking toasted and getting ready to go home -lol.

S

My back hurt watching that.

Those videos were horrible.

Congrats!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’d like to point out that a year ago, He was barely pulling 185. We train at the same gym, so I can actually attest to the amazing overall progress he’s made (I’d say at LEAST 15 lbs of solid muscle,… and he’s about 6’3 to boot). And to be completely frank, I egged him on to go for 405, he was already freaking toasted and getting ready to go home -lol.

S
[/quote]

you guys even take your pictures together huh?

you guys look like a before and after pic.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

you guys even take your pictures together huh?

you guys look like a before and after pic.[/quote]

Lol, I was wondering if anyone would notice the exact same background in the avatar pics.

S

[quote]elano wrote:
Those videos were horrible.[/quote]

WTF you talkin’ about, dude? Most of those videos were horrible, but the second one was delicious.