First Time Competitor

[quote]tpagan123 wrote:
Cat, great post!

Congratulations for taking the plunge into competing and for taking first place in your class! You looked fantastic!! I also competed for the first time this spring and with the help of a wonderful prep coach (the Mighty Stu)saw incredible changes in my physique. I can attest that the journey is learning experience and while difficult it is so rewarding and worth it in the end. A job well done, Cat :slight_smile:

So what’s next? More competing? C’mon, I’m sure you have been bitten by the bug…lol[/quote]

Thank you so much (for more than you realize)!!! Actually, you were part of my motivation/inspiration for even attempting to do a show. I would hang around Stu’s apartment on the weekend when he would evaluate your weekly progress. It was amazing to see the progress pics and the changes from one week to the next. It was so very cool and simply inspiring, I was totally excited for you and your progress! I’ve witnessed Stu during a contest prep a number of times, but as a female I was really able to relate to the changes I saw each week in your physique. You looked GREAT for your show!!! Congrats to you as well!! :smiley:

This really is a learning experience, I’m still adjusting to post contest life… I’m plagued by feelings of guilt when I miss a day at the gym or indulge in certain foods… I really don’t think I’ll ever feel “normal” when it comes to eating or not think about the quantity of protien I’m getting with each meal. You can’t undo what you’ve learned and experienced.

I’m thinking about competing in the future… I actually miss my contest prep routine…
How about you? Any more competitions lined up? Have you been bitten by the bug?

[quote]tolismann wrote:
Do you follow a pre-WO carb approach on training days ?[/quote]

No, not really. I always had my post workout carb (Pop-Tart:) but didn’t always have pre-WO carbs. I usually go to the gym right after work, so my last meal before working out simply depended on what I had left in my cooler.

Just wanted to post some of the pics from the professional photographer. Leaving for a cruise to Bermuda in about an hour… Whatever is left of my abs now, will probably be gone by next week! We are totally ready for our trip, luggage packed, passport in hand, and Stu has a gym bag full of protein powder, protein bars, and enough pills to make people think he’s a drug runner! I booked the cruise a few weeks ago, Stu’s one requirement was that there is a gym on board. When I asked our travel agent about the gym, she said it is fully equipped and has tread mills, ellipicals, and classes… when I told her my boyfriend is a body builder and needs weights she didn’t quite understand… and keeping repeating herself about the treadmills. I later analyzed a pic of the gym to see what they had… I think (hope) it will be sufficient for Stu… he can be such a meathead! :wink:

=^…^=

=^…^=

[quote]Thunder Cat wrote:

[quote]tpagan123 wrote:
Cat, great post!

Congratulations for taking the plunge into competing and for taking first place in your class! You looked fantastic!! I also competed for the first time this spring and with the help of a wonderful prep coach (the Mighty Stu)saw incredible changes in my physique. I can attest that the journey is learning experience and while difficult it is so rewarding and worth it in the end. A job well done, Cat :slight_smile:

So what’s next? More competing? C’mon, I’m sure you have been bitten by the bug…lol[/quote]

Thank you so much (for more than you realize)!!! Actually, you were part of my motivation/inspiration for even attempting to do a show. I would hang around Stu’s apartment on the weekend when he would evaluate your weekly progress. It was amazing to see the progress pics and the changes from one week to the next. It was so very cool and simply inspiring, I was totally excited for you and your progress! I’ve witnessed Stu during a contest prep a number of times, but as a female I was really able to relate to the changes I saw each week in your physique. You looked GREAT for your show!!! Congrats to you as well!! :smiley:

This really is a learning experience, I’m still adjusting to post contest life… I’m plagued by feelings of guilt when I miss a day at the gym or indulge in certain foods… I really don’t think I’ll ever feel “normal” when it comes to eating or not think about the quantity of protien I’m getting with each meal. You can’t undo what you’ve learned and experienced.

I’m thinking about competing in the future… I actually miss my contest prep routine…
How about you? Any more competitions lined up? Have you been bitten by the bug? [/quote]

Wow, that’s pretty cool that watching my progress got you started :slight_smile: You are now inspiring others (me included)!

I can not agree with you more about post contest life. I strangely miss the regimented schedule and diet and feel guilty when eating some of my favorite foods. Still, the increase on the scale and the dissipating lines in my abs is quite difficult to deal with. And I thought pre-contest dieting was mentally draining. This post contest thing is quite an adjustment…lol

Its great to hear you are thinking about another show because you have potential to do some real damage! You looked phenomenal at the Hercules! Do you have a particular show in mind?

Very impressive, great job to both of you.

@Tpagan123 - Thank you! I love ur profile pic! U look AWESOME!! I may possibly compete again this Fall or Spring (I don’t think I could ever diet thru the summer, that would just be toture, I love bbq’s & the beach too much to suffer thru a contest prep during my favorite time of year). I do want to get back on a more regimented diet/training schedule but just need to figure out work obligations before deciding on a Fall or Spring show… Fall is coming up fast, so I’m going to have to decide soon…

@waylanderxx - Thank you very much! This has been such a cool/insightful experience, I’m looking forward to trying it again!

Cat you killed it in CO! Great job :slight_smile:

FYI…the new ThunderCats premieres tonight at 8 on Cartoon Network! LOL