First Time Competing in Men's Physique

Whether BBing or physique, the goal during prep is always the same: preserve (or gain if possible) muscle mass while whittling away body fat. Of course presentation (posing, tan, stage presence etc) helps in that the judges can only assess what you show them. Ideally you find out how to best display your individual physique, showcasing strengths and hiding weaknesses as much as possible.

The mental issues come from the fact that achieving stage ready bf levels doesn’t occur quickly or by accident. So you reach a point where you’re asking yourself why you’re doing this -lol. That’s why so many people never get onstage :slight_smile:

S

3 Likes

Amen!

Currently off prep and back in the lab putting in work like usual to keep improving myself! Just got my ANBF pro card in the mail with a list of upcoming pro shows! I do my best to try and stay humble but something is really badass to me about being a men’s physique pro in a natural organization. I went from a gym bro lifting at the University of Albany Indian Quad gym freshman year to where I am now and I am damn proud!

2 Likes

Lol wow, I started from the same place (funny how it never came up),… Indian quad as well!

S

4 Likes

Awesome day on Sunday training at Bev Francis Powerhouse gym in Syosset with the Wolf Pack! @robstein, his wife Katie, and I trained back and definitely put in a ton of volume work! Both of them are looking awesome as usual and it was nice to see Rob with energy and happiness! Following the gym, The wolf pack crew included obviously @The_Mighty_Stu as well as Andrew, Josh Rosado, Mike, Alon, Rob, and Katie so we had quite the crew for an all you can eat Minado’s buffet! Snapped a picture of my 3 plates of food as well as the crepe I had for dessert (Banana, nutella, whipped cream) Obviously no workout at bev’s is complete without the stained mirror selfie!!

1 Like