First Time Competing in Men's Physique

Nice my dude. When and where is your competition? What are you competing in?

im competing in mens physique also in san diego, CA on june 10th!

1 Like

I love it! Best of luck brother Post some pictures when you get a chance. Would love to follow you on your prep

Snapped a quick one on Sunday after Delt’s and triceps before I left to go play softball!
Conditioning is seeming to get better but today I am really feeling the hangover from my low carb/core/5 mile cardio day. I am hoping my afternoon cup of coffee will give me a boost lol. One month and 2 days out so as much as these moments suck I am going to try and enjoy them because at some point I will be reflecting on this journey. Much love and hope everyone is making improvements in their life one way or another!

3 Likes

Current conditioning this morning Monday April 17th. Show is in 19 days so absolutely no time to waste!

3 Likes

Man, I wish I could get my chest to look as full as yours. You can see the pec minor line. Great development. Looking like you’re gonna kill it!

1 Like

Thank you brother! I hope so

Peak week has begun and I can’t wait to get on stage and present my best physique yet!

2 Likes

Looking great man! Similar peak week protocol as Rob? Keto, depletion workouts, lots of H20, carb up Friday?

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Literally the exact same thing! He is going to kill it in bodybuilding and I plan on doing my thing in physique! Peeing so much lol and will be flat as hell by Thursday and then the carbs will do their work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With the water. Water is NEVER eliminated! The water follows the carbs and sodium into your muscles as stored glycogen! :slight_smile:

S

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hey guys! I was fortunate enough to take 3rd of 6 in a really solid physique class. Although I came in first at my ANBF show and earned a pro card, I can confidently say I achieved my goal which was destroying my last show’s appearance. All the guys definitely did their homework and super proud to have finished top 3! Now my goals are to stay pretty lean but try and add on some quality LBM as well as enjoy some meals out every so often with my lovely girlfriend! I have a quick metabolism so I am thinking with 20 mins incline walks after my lift sessions plus random bike rides and runs with my girlfriend I can still have a nicely sculpted look and still be happy and not exhausted all the time lol. I may not be competing in the near future but I will continue my endeavors as a natural bodybuilder!

The top 3 in your class were no joke. I could have seen it playing out in a number of ways, and anywhere you landed you should be proud. I told you that you’d find competition at this show, and that’s what makes it worthwhile (in addition to the usual better yourself, improve each outing, accomplish a goal, Yada yada yada…)

Proud of you brother. You did your work day in and day out like a champ and your head should be held damn high.

S

1 Like

Thank you coach! Whether I finished first or last I have a ton of work to do!

1 Like

Crazy awesome physique man, definitely added as one of my goal physiques. Awesome job? Mind going into a bit more into your training for men’s physique when you’re more in an offseason phase? My goal is to compete in men’s physique someday and well… you’ve done it.

Thanks,
Zach

2 Likes

Just some shots from pre judging! I was the smallest on stage but brought insane conditioning and solid symmetry. With some added mass and improvement in stage presence I think I can be a real threat in Men’s physique! For now I plan to work hard in the gym for a couple years and re evaluate then!

3 Likes

Thank you buddy! I was on a 6 day split Legs, Chest/Calves, Cardio, Back/Bi, Delt/Tri, Cardio and the 7th day I could rest or just start again with Legs. (Took one rest day the whole prep lol) I didn’t really train any differently than my buddy @robstein in the sense of the split or nutrition just obviously he dialed in to an even lower body fat and tighter package for bodybuilding. I had some definition on my quads but to really get the deep cuts on the legs and striated glutes takes some deep digging. I would say keep training and try to add on as much size as possible because when you are single digit body fat every single part of your body is exposed. Competing is a ton of work. I cooked every meal I ate, I was exhausted and living on black coffee. You can’t really enjoy going out with friends or anything so really access if competing is right for you down the line.

1 Like

Yea, after reading different contest prep threads on here it seems it definitely seems to take a mental toll on all the competitors going through it. My plans to compete are more long term, I definitely lack the mass at the moment to even consider competing, but it is my long term goal none-the-less. Thanks for the advice man! Will definitely keep following along! Good luck!

2 Likes

This. Just takes time.

2 Likes