First-Time Bulking

hey everyone,
this is my first time bulking while working out. i dropped 75 pounds of FAT over the course of a year, and i am currently 10% bodyfat at 143 pounds from 212. I recently started the Big Boy basics program as i really want to add lean muscle mass to my frame.

I eat very clean, but recently have had trouble eating as much as i should be. I find myself forcing the food down because i know i have too.
my schedule usually is this everyday:

9 am-1 cup whole oats, 1 banana, 1 MMsport multivitamin, 3/4 cup egg whites with one reg egg.
11 am-i can tuna raw out of the can, with 3 stalks of celery
12 pm-1 protein bar(protein diet variety or zone perfect) plus 1 whey protein shake with a tablespoon of peanut butter
12:30-workout
1:15-PWO drink, another protein bar
4 pm- rolled slices of chicken breast
6 pm-chicken,fish, or lean beef with alot of veggies and sometimes brown rice.
8pm-fruit
10pm-whey shake

i think this diet is a good way for building the lean muscle mass, but i just cant put it all down, i find myself skipping the 4 pm snack, or late whey shake.

what can i do better?

Read “The Truth About Bulking” by CT and “The Quality Mass Diet”, those should get you on your way.

A couple things. I realize you dropped a significant amount of weight and may will have to be careful about the amount and “quality” of weight you gain. So I also recommend you read the mentioned articles.

That said, if you are having trouble consuming the volume of food you set out (which is not that much by the way) add in more “thicker” shakes. Add peanut butter and fruit to the shakes to add calories.

Likely most importantly is to hit the gym CONSISTANTLY and hard.

Last point. Never, ever, count celery sticks… eating them is fine, but from a calorie perspective its about as important as how many keys on your keyboard you type in a day.

Good Luck

[quote]Intothisfire wrote:
hey everyone,
this is my first time bulking while working out. i dropped 75 pounds of FAT over the course of a year, and i am currently 10% bodyfat at 143 pounds from 212. I recently started the Big Boy basics program as i really want to add lean muscle mass to my frame.

I eat very clean, but recently have had trouble eating as much as i should be. I find myself forcing the food down because i know i have too.
my schedule usually is this everyday:

9 am-1 cup whole oats, 1 banana, 1 MMsport multivitamin, 3/4 cup egg whites with one reg egg.
11 am-i can tuna raw out of the can, with 3 stalks of celery
12 pm-1 protein bar(protein diet variety or zone perfect) plus 1 whey protein shake with a tablespoon of peanut butter
12:30-workout
1:15-PWO drink, another protein bar
4 pm- rolled slices of chicken breast
6 pm-chicken,fish, or lean beef with alot of veggies and sometimes brown rice.
8pm-fruit
10pm-whey shake

i think this diet is a good way for building the lean muscle mass, but i just cant put it all down, i find myself skipping the 4 pm snack, or late whey shake.

what can i do better?[/quote]