T Nation

First Time At T-Nation

Hello everyone. Today was the 1st time I have seen this site and I’ve already found many helpful resources. I’ve been working out on and off for a few years but I really want to get serious about my diet and weight training. This seems like a great place to find helpful info and motivation.

I look forward to learning more and getting to know the other members here.

~Scotty

HI
welcome read up and come back with any educated questions from your reading.

Id suggest starting with the two threads pinned above.

Phill

Whatever you do, DO NOT post pictures of yourself!! Best advice i can give is read loads of articles and take in all the advice you can; great information for free!

Like the posters before have said, read as many of the articles as you can. If you have a question, send a personal message to the author. They are very helpful and seem to answer questions quickly.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
If you have a question, send a personal message to the author. They are very helpful and seem to answer questions quickly.

Welcome! :-)[/quote]

Man they are very busy as well id guess. Id really try here first thats what the forum community is for IMO. Then many times the author jump in anyway if the info being given is way the hell off but there are some perty smart helpfull ppl around here. sure differing opinions but thats a good thing, variety.

Phill

Welcome aboard! Along with reading everything, make sure you put some of it to use.

Ask questions. Try things. Find what works for you and keep at it.

Thanks for the welcomes. I have found some helpful things on here. It even motivates me to just read about it. I have to motivate myself to get my butt to the gym cause I usually work out alone and at work, I’m behind a computer all day. So sometimes it’s hard but yesterday I was reading on here and went to the gym and pounded out some squats. :slight_smile:

Again, thanks for the advice and welcome.

~Scotty

Hey man welcome,whats your current goals?To get bigger and stronger?To lose some bodyfat? No matter what your goal is this is the place to look!

[quote]Scotty wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes. I have found some helpful things on here. It even motivates me to just read about it. I have to motivate myself to get my butt to the gym cause I usually work out alone and at work, I’m behind a computer all day. So sometimes it’s hard but yesterday I was reading on here and went to the gym and pounded out some squats. :slight_smile:

Again, thanks for the advice and welcome.

~Scotty[/quote]

Main thing consistancy sure read and all but get in the gym eat food. You have to do it and change things as you learn.

Best of luck ,
Phill

[quote]groundNPound wrote:
Hey man welcome,whats your current goals?To get bigger and stronger?To lose some bodyfat? No matter what your goal is this is the place to look![/quote]

I’m trying to do all 3 of those. ha! From sitting in a computer room all day, I think my metabolism has slowed. I started really focusing on eating more to get bigger and trying to eat good foods. Been drinking at least 2 muscle milk shakes a day and I’ve been on the animal pak for about 2 months. But some has went to my mid-section. I want to cut that off where I can see some abs, lower my body % and gain muscle at the same time. But I guess that’s what we all wanna do huh? I’ve been doing much more cardio to help up my metabolism. Thought about maybe using a fat burner to give me a little boost?

Thanks everyone. I love this site.

~Scotty

Welcome to an awesome forum.

It is reassuring to see a newcomer researching and reading instead of asking stupid questions without putting forth any effort.