T Nation

First Test E Cycle, Age 37. Some Specifics?

I was going to post this in the 35+ section, but as its about Test E then I will post here :stuck_out_tongue:
So I am 37, been in the gym, diet and nutrition is on point for at least 10 years, I was on and off before the last 10 years.
The last 2 years have been bad, no matter what Im struggling to keep weight off, I am struggling to make and hold muscle… I have been tested and its low test, however the NHS wont do anything.
So I have kids and have not desire for more, I will be seeking help from Test E.

I dont want to get on a cocktail of gear, I want it to be simple… ideally just test E, just to be able to keep building muscle and not all turn to fat :frowning:

but where do I start 200mg? 1x a week? for 12 weeks? I have no idea… All advice is from 20 year olds doig test as “my first roid” then get on a cocktail … and have 20inch arms… Where my criteria is basically test replacement.

If that’s your goal then you have a pretty clear path ahead of you. I assume you have blood work already (since you said test is low), so what you’ll need now is a dosage and the gear. The gear part is up to you, but the dosage is easier. Most TRT is run between 150-200mg/w, usually split doses. That should give you what you’re looking for. If you’re planning to run it at replacement levels then 12 weeks is sort of out of the question. You’ll do more harm than good in the long run. You’ll get 9-10 weeks of good mood, increased libido, added strength, and overall better gains. Then you’ll come off and have to recover back to your baseline, which is already low. You’ll end up right back where you are now. It’s one of the reasons that guys in their mid-late 30’s are on a blast and cruise schedule or just run TRT straight away.

Have you had bloodwork taken? Please post. Minimum requirements should be TT, FT, E2, SHBG, Fsh, and Lh.

Basically you’re talking about self treatment of TRT. You need a reliable source, otherwise you just have to do it. Need syringes.

I pin 125 mg twice a week for a 250/week dose. At that level I don’t take anything for estrogen control but everyone is different and you should have tamoxifen in hand and be ready to take 20 mg EOD.

what schedule for blast and cruise would you suggest?

Yes you have hit the nail on the head.

Is your dosage a cycle how long etc?

No, I’m on for life. No different than insulin. I blast about twice a year

You need to cruise for at least a year before considering a blast

If you’re going on it’ll be for life. At your age, no need for cycles.

TRT doses are dependent on the person. I dose 250/wk which is definitely the higher end of a TRT dose (don’t think it’d be considered a TRT dose to be honest). My endo originally put me at 100mg every two weeks - waste of time imo but he’s just looking to put me back to normal.

First blast cycle would be typically 400-500mg/wk depending on how your test is dosed per cc. Blast 12-16 weeks then back to TRT dose.