T Nation

First Test Cycle with Taper - Opinions

I have 7500 mg. of Testosterone E that I am looking to use over the next couple of months. I have spent countless hours researching this cycle.

My main predicament is choosing a proper dose. I had originally planned to do 250mg every 3rd day. That works out to ~583 mg per week. I was going to run that 8 or 9 weeks with a front-load. I would then wait one week before starting my stasis.

Then I was going to do a 6 week stasis at 100mg per week. Then taper for 6 weeks at 80,60,50,40,30,20. I bought some slin pins so I could measure that out properly. Question: Do you guys shoot with the slin pin or just backload into a regular pin? I am worried these super low doses will be lost in the big pin?

I will be running .25 mg anastrazole every day, or if I have no sides .125 per day. I will taper off this toward the end of my cycle/beginning of stasis. During the taper period I may or may not run a low dose of tamoxifen.

I did want to run hcg throughout, but don't have a source available for that at the moment and I was reading how it is not completely necessary. Opinions?

Here is my main question. The next logical dose point for me to run that is easily measured with 250mg/ml Test E would be 1.25 ml every 3rd day. That would bring me to 728mg/week. Would this be too much? Is it a huge difference? The reason I would want to run that would be so I could use up my 3 vials completely, and maybe achieve better gains.

That leads me to my expectations. I am 5'10", 195lbs, 26 y.o. Any time in the past I have tried to gain more lbm I tend to just gain fat. I would love to end up with a solid 10-15 lb gain on this cycle. I am decently strong and have competed in powerlifting with best lifts raw 451 lb squat, 331 bench, 551 dead.

I would expect - all working out well (well constructed cycle BTW) that with the near 500mg dose you could get 10-15lbs for a first.

However, the difference between 500 and 700 is noticeable, much. I run 700+, never 500 - the size just doesnt come at that dose (anymore).

Also for me i use 0.75mg/day of Anastrozole for a cycle of 750 Test and 3-400mg 19-Nor... just FYI so you know it is done by some, as higher dosage AI's are rarely mentioned here.

I personally dont find much in the way of strength increases with test, but i am not a naturally strong guy - light frame.
But if you have read a while, you should know that all Steroids affect different people in different ways..

Good luck, i vote for 750.

Brook

I would expect - all working out well (well constructed cycle BTW) that with the near 500mg dose you could get 10-15lbs for a first.

However, the difference between 500 and 700 is noticeable, much. I run 700+, never 500 - the size just doesnt come at that dose (anymore).

Also for me i use 0.75mg/day of Anastrozole for a cycle of 750 Test and 3-400mg 19-Nor... just FYI so you know it is done by some, as higher dosage AI's are rarely mentioned here.

I personally dont find much in the way of strength increases with test, but i am not a naturally strong guy - light frame.
But if you have read a while, you should know that all Steroids affect different people in different ways..

Good luck, i vote for 750.

Brook

Ok great. I will start with .5/day of anastrazole and access. Not looking to get all moon faced.

Still looking for info on shooting with the slin pin when you get to the taper part. I have 29g slin pins.

More strength would be nice, but it is size I am really after anyhow. I seem to be one of those guys who just gets strong rather than bigger.

Thanks Brook.

Good job on the well thought out post.

As far as the Adex dose goes. I would start it at .25mg/d for the first week. Then increase the dose if you need to in subsequent weeks. That's if you plan to use the ~730mg amount. If you go with 500mg I would use the Adex at .25mg EOD, then increas if necessary. I'd recommend 8 week cycle of 730mg.

Yes you can use the slin pins for injecting.
One person here (that I know of) uses a slin 3 pin three times. I am not going to give a recomendation either way on that but there won't be a problem injecting with the slin pin. It may become necessary to fill up a slin pin and use it more than once when you are trying to do a 10mg injection.

.5cc 29g slin pins should make measuring the small amounts a do-able task. It's better not to put the small amount into a bigger barrel because some of it will be wasted, and with such a small amount that wouldn't be a good thing.

Looks like most of your questions have been answered, but I would like to applaud you in being able to do some research, read the stickies, and make a proper thread.

Stick around here, we need more people that can handle this internet thing.

Let us know how everything works out, Good luck!

Haha thanks for all the advice guys. I have been lurking a while so I know what the quality of threads have been like.

Started front loading yesterday. No issues injecting since I give injections on occasion (although I must say my hand was shaking a bit). Took .25mg of anastrazole today. Lets get this thing started!

Damn Bonez I should have thought to get the .5cc slin pins, oh well.

I'll be sure to let you all know how this goes.

I won't be able to compare the test taper to a standard PCT for a testosterone cycle, but I will be able to compare it to the PH cycles I have done in the past.

I usually feel really shitty on the standard cold turkey and nolva PCT that I had used years ago on M1T and 1-Test cycles. It actually caused me to remain strictly "natural" for damn near 5 years now. I am really psyched to try out this taper method as it just seems to make sense to me.

Update 3 weeks deep into 728mg/week of Test E. .5mg Arimidex per day. Doubled my dose of test the first week.

I am up 14lbs. I have been eating like a horse, of course. I wasn't until this 3rd week that I started getting incredible pumps in the gym. Lower back, shoulders etc. Today my shoulder workout I had intense almost painful pumps it was awesome. I had been training "naturally" for almost 5 years so I had forgotten what fun anabolics are!

Also, strength is up on everything. I am amazed. Previously I was not able to bench 315 for more than 1. Now I got it for 3 easily and ended up maxing after that at 335.

The way the cycle is going (very well), I may have my last inject at the 6 week mark, running an oral (likely epistane) from weeks 5-8.

Question is, for someone on their first cycle do you think my recovery would be easier if I just drop the test taper idea and use serm PCT at the 8 week mark? Or, I could run my cycle out to about 13 weeks and do a test taper. Any ideas? The only argument I see is that the new mass and strength I am obtaining would be better kept if I could extend it out a few more weeks.

The only disconcerting side effect I have is high blood pressure. I measured it using a blood pressure machine at wal-mart and it read something like 150/85. I hope this machine is wrong. I hope my Arimidex is legit because I wouldn't think I would get this increase in BP unless I was retaining water. Thoughts?

BTW, my ending week marks 8 and 13 allot time for the ester to clear.

HIgh BP can happen even without water retention. It's a androgenic side effect. You can cut down sodium intake, do regular cardio. Since you are not running HCG, I think you can consider stop injecting at end of week 6, or mid week 7. And run a strong oral while test clears your system. This way, you won't feel like shit, while you wait. 728mg/week of test, roughly takes about 3.x weeks to clear.

week 1-6.5 test-e
week 6-9 dbol 30-40 mg per day
week 10-14 serm pct