T Nation

First Shot Started Bleeding

Tonight's shot started blleding after I pulled the needle out. I didn't get anything when I drew back on the plunger. It came out quick but with pressure stoped easily. Question is with only taking. 25cc do I need to worry about the amount that stayed in?

You don’t say what gauge needle but hopefully it was deep enough in the muscle that it didn’t leak out. It happens sometimes.

Why not jump on the slin pin train? use insulin syringe in the belly fat surrounding navel.

Doc has ordered 1ml syringes for me.
currently using 22g 1.5in in the quad and it was almost all the way in so should have been deep enough then to not have any lost.

After I posted I did a search and found a number of other people who had shots bleed some.

[quote]almecum wrote:
Doc has ordered 1ml syringes for me.
currently using 22g 1.5in in the quad and it was almost all the way in so should have been deep enough then to not have any lost.

After I posted I did a search and found a number of other people who had shots bleed some.[/quote]

Do your self a favor and go to your local WalMart pharmacy and ask for insulin syringes. Or buy the 25G 1/2 syringes that you can use on quads, delts ( butt not glutes, no pun intended)

Insulin syringes cost all of about 8 cents a piece and you can by them over the counter, no prescription required. You will appreciate the lack of pain of injecting subcutaneously as the above youtube video from endocrinologist Dr. John Crisler demonstrates.

I have used 23G 1 1/2 on glutes and it’s like going in butter. Never used the larger 22G and certainly would not want to put that in my quad now that I am in the know about scar tissue, much less the pain.