First Sheiko Program, 29?

hello fellow power lifters. OK so in a week or so i was planning on starting up and running sheiko cycles as they have worked very well for me in the past. i was going to ask what would be a good cycle to start with something eazy ? is there a cycle before number 29 or is 29 the most beginner thank you

I finished sheiko #29 four weeks ago. My bench had been stuck for about a year previous to doing sheiko and using sheiko #29 I’ve added between 5-7.5kg on my bench which is huge for me. I got nothing on deadlifts though so I’d switch that up next time I do it. My squats also went up whilst using sheiko. I then did sheiko #32 and I’m not sure I got much out of that but I’ll do #29 off my new numbers (meet in 2 days)

The general principles of the numbered sheiko plans are sound, but the precise outline and exercise selection is likely not productive for you. This is just an example of a one month plan written for a certain athlete. As such, I suggest you look at the guiding principles, and adjust to suit your needs.

For example, for a beginner lifter I personally think that adding variation is not productive until they have developed technical proficiency. So, you may wish to keep all lifts competition (IE ditch the deadlift variation and keep the benches all competition style and paused) as a first run through. Again, I don’t know who you are and nor does Sheiko, so don’t follow anything blindly.

It seems many of the Sheiko programs for training, not meet prep, focus on the 2-4 rep range at 70-85% over multiple work sets.

@craigsheff - I believe #32 is a testing block for what you’ve been doing the past 4-12 weeks (volume much lower). I’ve read some would go 29/37/30/32 in that order.

I’ve done a “Sheiko 29” and it was a good experience - something different.

It did help me develop something that helps me. I pick two training weights in the 65-75% range of my competition max. If I’m not prepping for a meet, I do the lighter weight for 5’s and the heavier for 3’s for as many sets as I can handle that day. I usually do all 5’s one week and the following week 3’s. This keeps me building strength slowly over time and keeps me from getting hurt while training. If I’m really feeling good, I’ll go up to 85% for a single or double.

Meet prep is altogether different.

hey guys . lol iv been traiing for a few years now and have done multiple sheiko cycles and have had a few meets. iv been told 39# is the one usually done to 29 thoughts?

All programs have to be tailored to the lifter. Sheiko is no different. Give it a try and see what happens.

If it’s your first time doing a sheiko program, 29 is good and relatively easy. Do it completely as written that way you’ll learn a lot about yourself and how this type of programming work. Get the excel spreadsheet map the program with your maxes and start, do it all and reap the benefits. After that you’ll have a good idea of what to take out and what to introduce on your next program.

[quote]PHGN wrote:
If it’s your first time doing a sheiko program, 29 is good and relatively easy. Do it completely as written that way you’ll learn a lot about yourself and how this type of programming work. Get the excel spreadsheet map the program with your maxes and start, do it all and reap the benefits. After that you’ll have a good idea of what to take out and what to introduce on your next program.[/quote]

thanks bro. iv done many sheiko cycles 29s 37s 30s 32s s,olovs etc lol. i was just saying its been a while would you recomned starting on 29 0r 39 ?

I started with the cms routine even though my total did not qualified for this routine and I was fine, so I would say do the one that you’re interested in the most in doesn’t really matter as long as you follow it and give it all your effort. One thing, I was accustomed to high frequency and high volume when I started, so it depends one what kind of volume you’re used the moment.

If i was to do another sheiko program I would just do the cms without repeating exercises on the same day and choose a peaking cycle when a meet is nearing. Hope it makes sense.

ya thankjs alot bro btw for the cms cycles what are your maxes sapoze to be raw?

Russian Classification Chart CMS
BW (KG) - Total (KG)
52 - 403
56 - 425
60 - 475
67.5 - 520
75 - 565
82.5 - 603
90 - 630
100 - 660
110 - 690
125 - 715
125+ - 728

The issue with doing a CMS cycle before you are at CMS level is not so much that it wont work, or it’ll burn you out (which it may). It’s that your body will acclimatise to that level of volume, leaving you with less room to add volume and continue to progress in the future, bro.

sweet as thanks for the advice bro once im at my total il try one out