First Self Made Routine, Advice More Than Welcome

“Costcho” is obviously a typo of “Costco” which is a pretty solid place to buy cheap protein (if you don’t order online).

It’s pro tips like this that make this site what it is.

Ah ok, so he developed Costco and it caused a brake in his brain.

Makes perfect sense now.

1 Like

He is saying in a round about way he has inflammation around his sternum.

Push / Pull /Legs is an excellent split but not the way you have it.

You don’t have any horizontal rows. Bent Over Barbell Row, One Arm Dumbbell Row, Seated Cable Row etc…You should have at least one of these on any given back day.

An easy way to set up Pull day is 2 horizontal rows and 2 vertical rows. Add barbell curls and maybe an incline seated DB curl and your done.

Conventional Deadlifting with sets of 8 can be problematic as it can be hard to maintain good technique. I’d use a rep range of 3-5.

I’d add a form of Lateral Raises for Middle Delts.
I’d also add a push down for triceps. V Bar or Rope.
Doesn’t have to always be these exercises as long as your upper arm is facing a different direction. ie French press is pointing upwards whilst a V Bar pushdown is facing the ground.

Your leg day has no Hamstring work. Admittedly you have Deadlifts on Back day and that will hit your hamstrings but I just hope you can see how your leg day isn’t balanced.
I would do Romanian Deadlifts and leg curls.

Now obviously there are many ways you can go with setting up a 3 way split but the main thing is to have it balanced.

Just on training to failure; it’s fairly standard to go to failure on the last set. That is not necessarily all exercises though. Training till failure on squat or deadlift is different to failure on Leg Press or Barbell Curls. You will learn this as you go.

I read up on Costochondritis…

You sound like a pussy. A fucking year to recover?

First of all, the causes of this issue are generally unknown. How you came to the conclusion that ‘doing sets of 5’ is the reason you have it is well beyond me.

Second, you said you developed the issue over a year ago. This is a condition that goes away in weeks, sometimes months, but not over a year.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m willing to be wrong in this instance. It sounds to me like you just don’t want to do hard work, and that your problem is mental.

This whole thread has put a brake in my brain. I’m out. I’ll be at Costco buying cheap protein if you need me.

Yes it is costochondritis and i am unable to follow programs since good amount of them use dips,cables,flys etc i have problems with it , that’s why i tried to make(adjust to my costco) some sort of training.
I apologize in advance for my english.
So if you still read this i d like your opinion on this.

Pull Day
I can change Deadlift 3 x 5 but that would require more rest than 2 min? about 3-4 or even 5 min since i would lift even a bit more it would be pure stregth
Lat Pull Down is 3x8 (55 kg) but i would like to be able to do basic bodyweight pull ups then i would switch to endurance since my current wish is to master pull bar
Bent Over Barbell Row 3x8 since it is compound
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3x15 since it is “isolation”
Incline Barbell Curl 3x15 ??
Push Day well i agree with the triceps movement
Leg day in our gym we dont have leg curl machine so i will add romanian deadlifts but i can add swis ball curl or glute ham raises?

You have read it i have experienced it.
Causes are unknown but you read it passes after week or month.
You are a pussy one more great argument.
You dont want to do hard work ,that is why i am here trying to make some workout plan that i can use because i am tired of doing yoga,foam rolling , therapy etc.
Why dont you just leave this thread , i asked for help angus1 did it normally.
The only thing mentally is bothering me is going all out in the gym so i just dont re start that costo that is why i am going slowly and i am doing workouts i can.

Sorry, I can’t hear you over all these great deals I’m picking up at Costco. OMG THIS PATIO DINING SET IS AMAZING! AND ONLY 450 DOLLARS!!!

3 Likes

I wish I had a Costco here. :disappointed:

they’re different in the UK. You need to be a member but on the rare occasion you get your hands on a membership card it’s the best thing ever.

You leave with like 2 litres of ketchup, ten chickens and a gallon of cheap whiskey.

Makes for quite a weekend.

1 Like

You have to be a member here as well. Why is hard to get a membership card? I’ve got like a ‘premium’ membership, cost 100 dollars or so per year, but it gets me 5% return on everything I buy using their credit card(I think that’s right). Is there something other than money that’s required to get a membership there?

I have a BJ’s membership and I get almost all of my bacon, pork, ground beef,steak, frozen seafood, eggs, milk, chicken and fresh and frozen vegetables there. So I guess I get most of my food there. Fuel too, usally 5 to 10 cents cheaper than anywhere else. I think its a lot like Cotchtocos.

There used to be an ultra-discounted salvage/reclamation grocery store in my town but it got shut down. You could get total steals at that place. I’m talking about dented 128 oz cans of expired pork gravy. I’m talking about bulk quantities of off-brand Slim Jims in unmarked and unsealed plastic tubs. I’m talking about Grade A Amber maple syrup from Quebec with animal claw marks on the cans.

Of course the government had to come along and put a stop to all the fun. Probably the same pricks who made my gym drain the Swedish dip because they said it wasn’t sanitary.

As far as the lifting goes, why not just get on a proven program and run the shit out of it? Do you really think you have a better plan? Are you an expert on things you’ve never done?

1 Like

you have to be in certain lines of work to get them otherwise they cost a fortune

1 Like