First Run of CT's War Room Strategies

This program caught my eye a while back, so thought I’d give it a try. I’ll be keeping a FitDay log for my food, as well as posting on here at the end of each day.

Body fat is 21% according to my calipers.
Weight: 200 lb

Here’s a brief overview of the program:

Day 1: Heavy lifting chest/back + alactic work

Day 2: Lactate-inducing workout 1 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work

Day 3: OFF

Day 4: Heavy lifting quads/hams

Day 5: OFF

Day 6: Lactate-inducing workout 2 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work

Day 7: OFF

And a link if you’re interested: Destroying Fat

Started today with the Chest/Back Heavy Lifting + alactic work. I used today mainly to gauge optimal weights. The heavy stuff looked like this:

A1 Bench Press @ 70kg (6 reps)
A2 DB Chest Flyes @ 18kg (8 reps)

B1 Bent-Over Row @ 60kg (6 reps)
B2 Single Arm Cable Row @ 26kg (8 reps)

2 min rest between supersets.

Repeated 5 times.

I also added in some additional arm work.
C1 Tricep Pushdowns @ 55kg (10 reps)
C2 Bicep Curls @ 40kg (10 reps)

Repeated 3 times. (with 1 min rest between supersets.)

For the alactic work I chose to go with some sprints on the bike. I had to go slightly easier with this as I’m carrying a hamstring injury, and the bike did aggravate this a little. So I went with 6 x 20 second sprints with around 40 seconds rest between them, which added up to around 10 min including warm up.

Today was a fairly good day, just getting used to things. The whole thing took me just under an hour. I’m fairly sure I’m gonna drop the flyes and bent-over rows in favour of weghted dips and pull-ups respectively, so I get a vertical/horizontal movement pattern for each superset. I’m also gonna need to up the weights slightly on the back movements, as these were probably a little too easy. I was surprised how easily my strength seemed to sap today too, I was benching 90kg(~200lb) for reps a few weeks ago but 70kg was getting heavy by the last set, although I didn’t eat as much as I should have so I’ll see how it goes next workout. It’s probably a case of leaving my ego at the door too.

I’m gonna swap the bike cardio with outdoor sprinting too, as soon as my hamstring feels up to it.

So that’s pretty much it for today.

JC