First Real Crash... Is this Normal?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Hate to break it to you, Dankid, but “Westside” does not mean WS4SB. That is not Westside regardless of the name given to it by a guy who has, so far as I can tell, nothing to do with the Westside Barbell Club.

[/quote]

Hate to break it to you, but it is considered westside, and its basically a variation Joe Defranco made for individuals that need more muscle and less emphasis on performing the powerlifts. You see, so many people dont even know what westside is, but then they go on to say its an advanced program.

It is an upper/lower split
Trains ME, DE and RE
And cycles the lifts

Thats it, if you are doing those things, or even just some of those things then you are likely doing some form of westside.

And I suppose Louie Simmons or at least someone at the Westside Barbell Club stated that that (what you claim) is what Westside is and that, as you say, “if you are doing those things, or even just some of those things then you are likely doing some form of westside.”

Riiiiiight.

When you want to advise someone that WS4SB would, in your opinion, be appropriate for them, say that.

Not that “Westside” is appropriate for them.

The latter will not, by most, or by any that use words properly, be understood to mean WS4SB, but will be understood to mean training according to Louie Simmons’ teachings NOT as modified by another trainer to being quite substantially different from anything Louie Simmons has ever taught.

If you want them to train according to what DeFranco says, don’t use a term that means training according to what Louie Simmons says.

Listen, for example, I could write an article and have it posted on a major website, if I wanted, called “5/3/1 For Former Fat Boys” or whatever that changes what Wendler said and which advocates what Wendler never has and likely never would, while also carrying over parts of his program.

I should not do so: but I could.

My appropriating the 5/3/1 name for my program does not make it “5/3/1.” And most certainly, if it’s my program a person wants to refer to, they shouldn’t use only the phrase 5/3/1, as that refers to Wendler’s program. Do you see?

Yes, DeFranco was able to name his program that because Westside is not a trademark-protected term. But that does not make his program Westside. Changed from Westside, yes.

I understand that you are new to this and it is impossible to be aware of everything. But now you should know. If you still don’t, then it’s out of stubbornness.

[quote]dankid wrote:
Stop making up imaginary strength values for me when you dont know how strong I actually am.[/quote]

You posted in one of your threads that your maxes were 315/235/350. I think it was your westside to sheiko thread…

I’m not making anything up.

It seems like every time someone uses the lifting stats that YOU POST against you, you respond by inflating the numbers - example “my true max is 255 on the becnh and that’s at 190 not 210” about your bench - when your initial posts say otherwise.

I believe you are the one making up numbers in an attempt to sound more experienced and credible. However, there is no one on this forum that will listen to you. It seems to me that you think that “everyone on this forum is a douchebag and won’t listen to my good advice.” Maybe it’s not everyone that’s wrong, but rather you. Maybe that would explain why every time you post something, at least five people call you an idiot.

Also, I just want to highlight this point because it seems like you don’t understand it: When people respond negatively to your posts, it means they want you to stop doing what you’re doing (i.e. posting really stupid shit). I know you think that you’re smart, but when the vast majority of the forum, including lots of lifters who have accomplished much more than you, disagrees with the vast majority of the things that you post, then it’s very likely you’re wrong. I think your lack of results can attest to the fact that you don’t really know much about how to train, and your stubbornness will ensure that you’ll never make any substantial progress.

[quote]dankid wrote:
Week 1 Day 1:

Maxes

Bench 235
Squat 315
Deadlift 350
[/quote]

Making up numbers?
This is directly from your Westside to Sheiko and Back thread.

Here’s the link. I hope you don’t decide to change your original post (which you probably will).

Honestly, dankid, you’re a sad case.

[quote]KurtMondaugen wrote:
dankid wrote:
Week 1 Day 1:

Maxes

Bench 235
Squat 315
Deadlift 350

Making up numbers?
This is directly from your Westside to Sheiko and Back thread.

Here’s the link. I hope you don’t decide to change your original post (which you probably will).

Honestly, dankid, I’d suggest that you leave this forum and never come back, but I derive WAY too much entertainment from your stupidity. In fact, this will sound sadistic, but I LOVE to watch you fail.[/quote]

Sorry kurt, but your an idiot. Its my first time doing sheiko and you are supposed to underestimate your maxes.

And I haven’t posted stupid shit. If you disagree with something I write, give your opinion, or even better some proof that its stupid shit. But the fact is you probably have little knowledge so you have to try to make assumptions about me that are incorrect to make up for your lack of knowledge or communication skills.

Ive been training for strength with westside for a very short time. Probably about 3-5 months total. I was recently 180-190 lbs and deadlifted 405, only did DB floor press, and front squatted mainly up to 270ish. I didn’t care much about strength, I wanted to build muscle, and it wasn’t working much with the typical T-Nation bb’ing programs.

So I made a change and started focusing on strength. I bulked up to 210 pretty quickly and am still gradually reaping the strength benefits of this change. I haven’t maxed out completely on all my lifts, which I will do soon, but I will be aiming for 265+, 350+, and 400+. This isn’t great by any means, but for me its some damn good progress, and I get pissed off by some little bitch on the internet forum that probably doesn’t even lift or no shit about training telling me how good I am or how much I know. Some of us are here because we enjoy training and getting stronger, but others like you are here just to talk crap. I already refuted your argument that I need more shoulder stability in the other thread, but you clearly didn’t even read what I posted, because you probably dont know anything and are just restating what your read in some guru’s article. Sorry kid, go learn yourself something and come back when you have something to offer.