First Prep, Where to Start?

40g of carbs in your coffee?!?! have it black!

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
40g of carbs in your coffee?!?! have it black![/quote]

egggggg (that’s why I will pick up Stevia ASAP)

Or cut it out entirely.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

egggggg (that’s why I will pick up Stevia ASAP)[/quote]

What about the cream tho?

Try and keep the carbs and place them after your workout in a larger serving of surge.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

Try and keep the carbs and place them after your workout in a larger serving of surge.[/quote]

Ya, the cream is junk… I’ll switch to milk?

I might add another half serving of Surge after dinner.

More real food.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
More real food.[/quote]

Any suggestions?

Attached is the full day. I feel like I’m eating a good amount of solid food.

Edit: This is just a sample day fyi.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

Try and keep the carbs and place them after your workout in a larger serving of surge.[/quote]

I might add another half serving of Surge after dinner. [/quote]

I always used (and still do) sugar free flavored creamers. You need very little, so if you don’t mind the bit of artificial ingredients, the #s are pretty negligible IMO.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

I might add another half serving of Surge after dinner. [/quote]

I always used (and still do) sugar free flavored creamers. You need very little, so if you don’t mind the bit of artificial ingredients, the #s are pretty negligible IMO.

S[/quote]

Ya, that was my thinking. It’s a “splash” of creamer at best. I’ll worry about the minor stuff like this in a few months.

One change I plan to make is introducing carbs earlier in the day. Instead of salad w/ protein at lunch, I’ll either add more carb rich veggies to the salad or change what I’m actually eating for lunch. I’d like to be at around 50 carbs for lunch for now.

My opinions:

Start eating earlier in the day. First meal at 10AM is pretty late. You should be working on meal #2 around that time.

If you remove the snacks (fruits, yogurt, coffee, etc) and the supplements from your list, you are really left with very little. It should be the other way around.

Processed meats have no place in your diet.

The Plazma, MAG-10 and Surge Recovery is overkill.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
My opinions:

Start eating earlier in the day. First meal at 10AM is pretty late. You should be working on meal #2 around that time.

If you remove the snacks (fruits, yogurt, coffee, etc) and the supplements from your list, you are really left with very little. It should be the over way around.

Processed meats have no place in your diet.

The Plazma, MAG-10 and Surge Recovery is overkill.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice!

My first meal isn’t until around 10 because I like to extend my over night fast. It may or may not be a good strategy for fat loss, but I feel better and believe it or not have more energy (don’t get drowsy) during the day.

About half of my protein and almost all of my dietary fat came from whole foods yesterday. Most of the carbs were from the shakes.

FWIW, this is how I have typically been eat for about a month and the scale has stayed around 205. Wouldn’t adding food be counter productive?

I typically don’t eat processed meat. We happened to have leftover Kielbasa from the weekend. Once I officially start I won’t be eating it.

I’ll be dropping Surge Recovery once it’s gone.

While my opinion may not be in line with the recent fasting protocols, I feel you need to fuel your metabolism, not choke it. You say you feel better and have more energy fasting longer, but that may be the 16oz Spike and Powerdrive talking. I was guilty of an over reliance on supplements as I think many of us are at one point or another. Like cardio, supplementation should be kept at the minimum that you still progress. Real food (chicken, turkey, beef, fish, eggs, rice, veggies, etc) should be your starting point, not something you sprinkle in between supplements and snacks. I realize this is a supplement website and believe in many of the products (level 10 customer?geez), but sometimes more scoops of this or that is not the solution.

To answer your question about gaining weight by adding more food?.yes, but you probably be nicely surprised to see more muscle on your frame. It took too long, but eventually it took someone to point out to me that I was under nourished and over supplemented. I changed it around and my physique followed.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
While my opinion may not be in line with the recent fasting protocols, I feel you need to fuel your metabolism, not choke it. You say you feel better and have more energy fasting longer, but that may be the 16oz Spike and Powerdrive talking. I was guilty of an over reliance on supplements as I think many of us are at one point or another. Like cardio, supplementation should be kept at the minimum that you still progress. Real food (chicken, turkey, beef, fish, eggs, rice, veggies, etc) should be your starting point, not something you sprinkle in between supplements and snacks. I realize this is a supplement website and believe in many of the products (level 10 customer?geez), but sometimes more scoops of this or that is not the solution.

To answer your question about gaining weight by adding more food?.yes, but you probably be nicely surprised to see more muscle on your frame. It took too long, but eventually it took someone to point out to me that I was under nourished and over supplemented. I changed it around and my physique followed.

[/quote]

That is as false as it gets and the stoking the metabolism has never once been supported by science and actually recent studies are showing snacking or extra meals even iso caloric are going to lead to fat gain. To maybe its time to rethink the eating all day to increase metabolism there is 0 support for this

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[/quote]

That is as false as it gets and the stoking the metabolism has never once been supported by science and actually recent studies are showing snacking or extra meals even iso caloric are going to lead to fat gain. To maybe its time to rethink the eating all day to increase metabolism there is 0 support for this
[/quote]

No problem.

I’m in same boat as OP. I wanna start a cut, and do it right, preserve as much muscle mass as possible ect ect. Will be following if OP starts log. Thanks for all advice given in prior posts.

[quote]neoi78 wrote:
I’m in same boat as OP. I wanna start a cut, and do it right, preserve as much muscle mass as possible ect ect. Will be following if OP starts log. Thanks for all advice given in prior posts.[/quote]

Will be logging here:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/a_little_bit_leaner_and_even_meaner_usmc

Start on page 7 (current last page)

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[/quote]

I appreciate your thoughts, thanks again!

Some food for thought, copied from a post by our Shadow Pro in his Q&A thread:

“Whoever told you that meal timing is not important and that macros are the only thing that matters should not be coaching. This system will never work for you if you are trying to get yourself to the next level,it can work for average people looking for average results… I’m under the impression that you wanted to push things to the next level but if you keep going about it this way you will not get close to your desired look.”