First Powerlifting Meet (Video)

Hey, I just figured I’d post the video of my first powerlifting meet. I just have video of my deadlift attempts.

Good experience and something I’ll continue to do.

Lifts went: 465, 500, 525
First place in 181 class
Second place overall.

First overall got a monstrous 650 at 220 in an ADAU sanctioned meet.

http://web.mac.com/chrisd7/Chris_Blog/Chris_DiEugenio/Entries/2008/4/26_Powerday.html

That last deadlift was a great one!!! Congrats.

How’d the other lifts go?

Awsome lifting! time to get some deadlift shoes!

beef

Great work, man.

Just curious, what kind of a weigh-in is that? 2, 12, 24 hours?

By the way, you’re 525 at 181 is 2.90xBW and the guy who won had a 2.95xBW pull, so you’re not too far away.

Was it a deadlift only meet?

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback/congrats!!!

It was a push/pull meet called the ADAU Power Day Bench Press and Deadlift Classic.

I weighed in at 178 lbs the day-before the meet. You were allowed to weigh in the day before or the day of, depending on preference or necessity, I guess.

Actually, I found out that the guy who won pulled 660 at 219 lbs and I pulled 525 at roughly 178.

So the winner had a very nice 3x pull and I was a relatively close second with a 2.95x pull.

I’m just glad to have competed but placing second was a nice feeling and felt like a victory for all of the training. I’m only 22 years old, so I think I have a long way to go still.

Nice job dhuge, how long have you been training?

I’m 22, been powerlifting for a little more than a year.

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:

beef[/quote]

What’s the matter with my Nike Free 7.0s? haha

Hey D — Nice lifts!

I see big numbers in your future.

Rick

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
beefcakemdphd wrote:

beef

What’s the matter with my Nike Free 7.0s? haha[/quote]

A guy I know used to pull in fuzzy, pink women’s bedroom slippers. People used to laugh about them- until he came out to the platform mid-600s as a 165!

Seriously, Ricky Crain sells some good DL slippers. In fact, it’s about the only thing he sells thats worth a damn.

Sweet, thanks for the tip about the shoes. I’m going to throw down for some pink women’s morning-coffee slippers! haha

But really guys, thanks for the support and congrats…I hope to continue to progress from here.

Trouble is, I’m off to Army OCS in another 6 weeks so I’m scrapping straight-up powerlifting training. I’ll still keep 1 or 2 strength days in, but a lot of running and reps are going to take away from my max…for now.

how about your bench ?

[quote]ftlty wrote:
how about your bench ?[/quote]

I have a 305 1 RM in the bench. :confused:

lemme post sry on your response to that 350 DL thread…didnt see this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
Hey, I just figured I’d post the video of my first powerlifting meet. I just have video of my deadlift attempts.

Good experience and something I’ll continue to do.

Lifts went: 465, 500, 525
First place in 181 class
Second place overall.

First overall got a monstrous 650 at 220 in an ADAU sanctioned meet.

http://web.mac.com/chrisd7/Chris_Blog/Chris_DiEugenio/Entries/2008/4/26_Powerday.html
[/quote]

Congratulations!

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL