First post: Need diet help

I have been reading T-mag for 6-7 months now and it has been a huge help in my training! I have worked out off and on for the past 2-1/2 years but got much more serious last augest, with the help of T-mag I’ve gone from 117lb to 137. I gained some fat and already had a little to start with, I would like to drop about 7 lbs of fat and maybe gain some muscle. I just can’t figure out what diet to use, I need something simple enough for me to get started on. Any sugestions would be great…I’m gonna go back to reading past issues…

JN,

Holy crap. 117 lbs!!! How tall are you? I can’t imagine any guy weighing that little.

You know that it’s most efficient to either lose fat or gain mass, but not at the same time? I can be done, but I think it’s harder and takes longer.

Read DIET MANIFESTO, and it has several diets listed. Since you have only 7 lbs of fat to lose, you may want to try T-DAWG 2.0. It’s fairly simple.

Good luck.

T-Dawg 2, T-Dawg 2, T-Dawg 2, T-…you get the picture.

Is that Omaha as in NEBRASKA?

I’m always willing to help a fellow Husker. I have to say though that If you’re only 137, how much fat do you truly have to lose? Not a knock, just curious.

T-Dawg would be a good choice although if you’ve never done any low-moderate carb dieting, it will take a couple weeks to adjust to this type of diet.

I would generally suggest John Berardi’s “Winning Formula” as this allows for a more moderate carb intake. You may have to modify the calorie level slightly as some found to be a bit too high, but it sounds like you have a fast metabolism and if your activity level is high I would leave as is. Good luck!

Also, how about more details on what’s going on, in terms of height, bodyfat, current diet plan etc. This would help a lot.

Age? Goals?

Good God man, at 137 I would seriously look into JB’s Massive Eating. If you cut down, you’ll simply look like a Kenyan marathon runner. Is that what you want? I would try to get around 175 first, depending on how tall you are.

Unless, of course, JNeves is female. In which case, T-Dawg is still great for cutting, and good job on the bulking!

True QB.

If you are a guy then you need to keep eating and lifting hard. Eat until you are sick. Or try to Skinny Bastard Diet. If your a girl then i would say the T Dawg.