First Pics are Up

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]La Crosse Grad wrote:
He talks about having a max genetic potential of about .5 a week or 2lbs a month. Faster gains are possible but fat tends to become a part of the “mass” gains beyond the 2lb increase.

“ecto-stork like myself”

One change I will make is that all my high intensity cardio will be tagged to the end of my weight days in the form of resisted parachute sprints in the number of ~6-8 reps of 50 yards max. My 3 rest days will be for complete rest or an optional 30 minutes of leisure walking around the neighborhood.[/quote]

Thats 2 pounds a month actually. Not per week. Shelbly discusses this pretty well in a earlier post he put up last month on the ideal gains a natty can make with the best of genes, nutrition, training and recovery.

You said above you are an ecto-stork so why all the cardio? You mentioned “conditioning” and “Parachute Sprints” and defended it by saying you are only looking to gain about two pounds a week. As a ecto-stork you should ditch the physical activities that don’t lead you to your goal.

You come off as a smart guy with a very well thought out plan so my only real advise is to not worry about losing site of shore to reach a new destination. In this cheesy saying the shore is your abs and the destination is mass.

Lift, Eat, Rest. [/quote]

[quote]JLone wrote:

He talks about having a max genetic potential of about .5 a week or 2lbs a month. Faster gains are possible but fat tends to become a part of the “mass” gains beyond the 2lb increase.

“ecto-stork like myself”

One change I will make is that all my high intensity cardio will be tagged to the end of my weight days in the form of resisted parachute sprints in the number of ~6-8 reps of 50 yards max. My 3 rest days will be for complete rest or an optional 30 minutes of leisure walking around the neighborhood.[/quote]

Thats 2 pounds a month actually. Not per week. Shelbly discusses this pretty well in a earlier post he put up last month on the ideal gains a natty can make with the best of genes, nutrition, training and recovery.

You said above you are an ecto-stork so why all the cardio? You mentioned “conditioning” and “Parachute Sprints” and defended it by saying you are only looking to gain about two pounds a week. As a ecto-stork you should ditch the physical activities that don’t lead you to your goal.

You come off as a smart guy with a very well thought out plan so my only real advise is to not worry about losing site of shore to reach a new destination. In this cheesy saying the shore is your abs and the destination is mass.

Lift, Eat, Rest. [/quote]
[/quote]

I do realize it was 2 pounds a month I miss-typed it.

I am not trying to argue with you here I am just pointing out that as an ectomorph you need leave sum wiggle room in your diet. Saying I will eat x amount of calories does not equal x amount of lean mass. As a skinny guy your metabolism will sky rocket when you start to eat large amounts of good clean food to burn off excess calories. Plus as you gain muscle your “engine” becomes bigger requiring more fuel.

Good luck.

Very true indeed JLone, in fact I do find I become MORE hungry as I slowly add calories into my diet over weeks and months. I can go from 2600 to 4000 and STILL be hungry at points of the day with 1400 more calories than I take in during a cut diet. If its clean foods I add decent muscle and crazy strength. If its 50/50 junk and clean food I get soft as well as getting stronger and “bigger”. Experience has taught me this over the past 3 years.

Finding a balance of the right amount, frequency and intensity of cardio however has been a wild-card item I have had to play with over the past year. I now think I have it nailed down pretty well for what works for me.

Time will tell of course.