First NoVa/DC/SoMD T-Cell Dinner :)

Cupcake,

I only took ONE pic at the dinner. :slight_smile: So nephorm just got unlucky. :wink:

Stella

This is great. The Dog Pound should be scrapped and there needs to be a T-cell forum.

Stella is hot. I aint afraid to say it. What are you doing the rest of your life?

stella-I hate cheep american beer…WE need to go with imports or find a micro-brewery which are my favorite

good beer and lots of steak = sweetwater tavern…we should get together there next time, it’s a brewery/restaurant with the best filet mignon i’ve ever had.

shaking head Stella, Stella, Stella: WHAT have I taught you? Of course a T-lifestyle and BEER go hand in hand. Geez.

Ike: you’re right, sir. You, Rummy, Ko and I should at least plan a get together soon.

That’s funny what you said about the meeting of Groove, yourself and I. Exactly. It was like…“blah…blah…5x5…Staley…EDT…blah, blah…Surge…Grow bars…blah…” and so on…crazy.

Damnit, why can’t we have more T-folks down here in New Orleans. There’s two of us that post regularly from what I’ve seen and another couple that post rarely. I hate being in this fat city.

Road trip to New Orleans, anyone?

doogie

What’s wrong w/ Dog Pound? I thought people liked it? (Not that I’m a member of it or anything…) It’d be cool to have a T-cell board tho. :slight_smile:

Goldberg

Why, thank you! :wink:

BTW – how far is Columbus, GA from Atlanta? I have some friends in Atlanta, and I may visit later this year if I can get away from work.

That’s a profound question. I’m still trying to figure out what I’m going to be when I grow up. Do I look that old in the pic? LOL. I’m only 25!

BTW – are you still in school? The forum has a lot of college students. You guys make me envious.

xracergs & elveneyes

If I can get a good glass of cab, I can go anywhere. Would love filet. Where’s Sweetwater Tavern? If we can get enough interest, perhaps we can do another one in June or something.

Patricia

You’re talking to a non-beer drinker. Hahaha. Your conversation with Ike and Groove and Ko sounds very typical of T-gang. Surge = tasty treat. Yum! Surge tastes so good that I feel GUILTY drinking it…like I’m sinning – I mean, cheating or something.

DocT & Jeff

So come up to DC! LOL. I was in New Orleans last year in April, and saw NO GYM! The whole city was full of lard. At least you guys have great beignets. I had it every day when I was there. And Jeff, I’d rather fly to New Orleans. I don’t like road trips in general. Besides, you can’t really drive if you’re staying in the French Quarter…

The hotel of choice for me in New Orleans is the W French Quarter! It’s a phat hotel. If it has a decent “fitness” facility and a reasonable parking fees, it won’t be too bad.

Nice to see this thread rockin’!

There is a Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling,VA. It’s right on route 7 app. 15 min. west of where we last met. They have good microbrewed beer, great filet, a “drunken ribeye” to die for, and the best crabcakes in the DC area (voted #1, really!). That place would be a hit for sure! Can you tell that I love this place?

We’ll have to title this next one:

T-cell #2 “Steak, Beer, and Good Cheer”

I just think the Dog Pound is a waste of space. There are only about 4 posts a day on it, and they all just as easily could be placed in one other threads. I think it would be better used as a place for cultivating T-cells.

Sounds like it was a great time! Sorry I missed it.

Anyway, speaking of brewhouses with decent food, here are a few that I know of:

Summit Station (www.summit-station.com) in Gaithersburg, MD - I hit this place on Wednesdays sometimes as they have $2 pints and a free cajun buffet that night. I love their wings and they make a great P+F meal. Wait, I guess the carbs from the beer screw that up…oh well.

DuClaw Brewing Co (www.duclaw.com) in Arundel Mills Mall, up by BWI Airport - I just went to this place for the first time last weekend before catching a movie and only had a chance to sample their porter, which was fantastic.

Rock Bottom in Arlington and Bethesda (www.rockbottom.com) - They have great beers and good food, but the Arlington location is a big meat market (not necessarily a bad thing, as there are tons of hotties in Arlington).

Goldberg, you are two things, my man:

1. Ballsy
  2. Correct

Patricia:
We should do something here in the coming weekend or two. Hell, even something not terribly social, like watching X-Men!

DocT / Jeff:
Hells yeah, sign me up for a road-trip. I’ve never been to NO. Not even close, in fact. Now I just need to get some money to afford it!

Stella:

It seems I’m not the only one, then.

As for June, I’ll just say this: Strongman competition + T-Peoples = Ike is there.

I’m in

Ike: I got our tickets to both X2 and Matrix: Reloaded. X2 for this Saturday at Century Easport; 7:25 showing. Matrix, same theater; 7:20 showing on Saturday, May 17. Be cool if you can join us for either!

Meet for beers before, of course.

You mean dem t-pupils aren't puny weird wannabes with imaginary lats,   look like tweety bird (or tweety birdess) and go around claiming to be the next Mr Olimpia and our rightful king?

Damn, there goes another 20 bucks. Damn you all!!!!

That's an awesome pic!!! 

However, and you've got to trust me on this one, no matter what they say, you WILL NOT get a buzz from water...lol

Keep it up.

DC T-People

Mike M msg’d me and told me that he’ll be in DC area in May cuz he has a kettleball workshop on May 17th (Saturday) in the area. I don’t know how many of you’re planning to go there, but he did express desire to meet us if we’re up for it. I know we met very recently, but there were people who couldn’t attend, and we do have an out-of-town guest, so what do you guys think?

doogie I didn’t think that Dog-Pound would be so…quiet. I don’t visit there much since I’m busy with other forums!

Ike Cool! I look forward to seeing you in June then!

I knew I would regret not showing up. My wife I wanted to come but could not afford the babysitter and the dinner. I get paid once a month and this was near the end of the month.

I second the sweetwater tavern because i have a couple hundred dollars in Gift Certificates. I am sure that could buy a couple rounds.

Stella-Atlanta is about two hours from Columbus. I was in Atlanta yesterday for my ART treatments. And yes im still in school. I have a bachelors in exercise science and im getting my masters in physical education. and im only 24, hubba, hubba.

Stella I read your post but it was under body mod rant.

I get those G.C.'s every year from work just have not used them in four years. I do not see an expiration on them. So I guess they are good still.