T Nation

First Meeting of Atlanta T-cell to take place on Thursday January 16, 7:00pm

The first meeting of the Atlanta t- cell group will take place next Thursday January 16 at 7:00 pm. We would like to make this a casual dinner get together, so we can all meet, have some dinner, and share our ideas of what we would like this group to become. We have a lot of ideas already on the drawing board, and would like more input and ideas on how we can create a strong t-mag presence in metro Atlanta. In considering an appropriate place to meet, we’ve tried to find places that are centrally located, that are cheap and that allow us to eat “clean” if we want to. We’ve narrowed it down to two spots… One would be at the Picadilly Cafeteria intown on Howell Mill Road, NW. It’s casual, it’s fast, and you can order clean food there without going broke… The other place is on Ponce de Leon intown…EATS restaurant…excellent chicken dinners with healthy sides at dirty cheap prices. We’ll start around 7:00pm but if you come later, no problem. We plan on wrapping things up by about 9:00pm. If you can’t make it, feel free to contact us anyway and we’ll keep you posted of upcoming events.

If interested in joining us, please let me know. To contact me...go to T-mag issue 241 (last week). From the home page, click on "READER MAIL." go the last letter at the bottom of the page where you'll find my letter promoting the Atlanta T-cell. My phone number is listed.

We look forward to seeing as many people as possible. this is going to be an amazing experience for all of us. Hope you will be part of it. Thanks. Lorne Opler

I will be there. I vote for EAT’s. That place is great food for a great price.

I use to spend some time in Atlanta at the HQ of NAPA. I would vote for a joint that sold barbecue and Brunswick stew if I lived there. Screw this healthy crap. Have fun. Call it a cheat night.

Sorry, don’t mean to butt in here, but I just read Avoid’s post. And you know what - I agree! I was staying right off of Peachtree and there was a place there, called the Vortex. Man, great burgers!

Eats! Just hearing the name makes me smile. I don’t live in Atlanta anymore, but when I did, I was at Eats all the time. And, assuming nothing’s changed, you can walk out of Eats, across the street and right into Lee Haney’s World Class Fitness. If the Roadhouse in Virginia Highlands is still open, you all should try it. They have traner’s breakfast of egg whites scrambled with turkey and mushrooms. Man, I miss Atlanta.

I will be there too. I also vote for Eats! Avoid and Patricia, I know how good some BBQ is every now and then, but SOME of us are dieting right now ;).

hey avoids roids do you still work for the dc in atlanta?i work in a napa store in sc.

I never worked for NAPA but worked for Echlin which manufactured the Raybestos brakes and NAPA-Echlin ignition products. I use to call on some people at the corporate hq when NAPA was first thinking about expanding into Mexico and I headed up Echlin’s international ops.

My vote would be for Fat Matt’s or The Rib Ranch. I love BBQ! Eats would be great too, though. Not a big fan of Picadilly, personally.

Lorne, I called and left you a message.

I am married with childern so I don’t see my self making it, though I am interested in the Atlanta T-cell. Maybe you guys can help me get my money back from those crooked-ass folks at BodyPlex…Keep me posted on the happenings, maybe I could make it sometime.