T Nation

First Meet Training Log

I entered my first powerlifting meet, which is on May 20 in good old California. It is a push pull meet. I have posted a training log on this site before, and I noticed an increase in gains from doing so. With that said, here are some stats:

My best lifts are(raw):
Bench:365
Squat:475
Deadlift:500

I havent lifted in awhile, so my totals are not quite that high.

I currently weigh 265 pounds and I am 6ft tall. My goal for this meet is to match my old totals: 365 bench and a 500 pound deadlift. I will also attempt these lifts raw since I do not have nor do I know how to use equipment.

Shane

look forward to seeing it...my numbers are fairly similar to yours.

What kind of template are you planning to use?

where can i find your old training log?

Ramo:

I follow a basic westside program. Because I have had quite a lay off, I am going to take a page out of Bob Youngs book, and lower the volume a bit. Basically, I am going to do one ME or DE exercise per session and two accessory exercises. Also, I am going to do a few extra workouts and sled pulls throughout the week.

Shane Mesias

srb68:

My first log was last year I believe. It was titled "begginers westside log" or something like that. It follows my first two months of Westside training. To be honest, I am probably as strong now as I was at the beggining of that first program.

Shane Mesias

Great thread. Just read it and it's inspiring to see the numbers go up and up for you. Makes me want to get my ass in gear and give westside a serious go.

3/24/06

DE deadlift
225/2x4
245/2x2
265/2x2
285/2x2

Pullthroughs
3x15

Leg Lifts
3x15

Weights moved nice. I have never really done speed work for my dead, but, since this is bench and dead only meet, I think it might be time to work on this lift.

Shane

3/26
ME BENCH

Bench Press
135/3,155/3,185/3,205/3,225/3,245/3,275/1x2,285x1,315/0,225/10.

1 arm shoulder press
3x8

curls
1x8

tricep extension
3x8

I am quite a bit off from my max: i used to be able to do 3 or 4 reps with 315, but that really does not matter at the moment. As a sidenote, I recieved my percision nutrition pack today, and I have to say that it is an outstanding product, and I cant wait to start implementing it.

Shane Mesias

ME Squat(kind of)

Good Mornings
135/5, 155/3, 175/3, 195/3, 225/3, 245/3, 265/3.

Pull throughs and leg lifts
15x3

I am really sick right now, and I thought I should take it easy with the weights today. I left a lot of weight on the rack though. I am going back to sleep now.

Shane Mesias

3/30
DE BENCH

BENCH
155/3x8

Carpet presses
225/6x2

I am still sick. I found a good use for a yoga block. It is like a mix of a board press and, becuase it compresses a bit, a carpet press.

Shane

If your basing your dynamic effort bench weights off of your raw bench you'll want to use a higher percentage. Close to 60% than 50.