First Meet, Some Help Please

Hey everyone just wanted some advice from some experienced lifters. I am planning on competing in my first meet in early December. The exact date is not posted yet. I have been lifting weights for years just recently taking it more serious and getting interested in competing.

I’m following an Ed coan 12 week peaking cycle for this meet and the 12th week of the program will be finished dec 4. Are you supposed to use week 12 as your meet day numbers? That way there is no deload week before the meet. Maybe I should use a different program? I am 28 years old, 205 lbs, squat 330, bench 315, deadlift 440 at the moment but looking to get stronger before meet and most importantly strengthen my squat and deadlift. Any help or advice on programs or meet day advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is the link to the program I am using for my lifts right now, which I am 3 weeks in http://www.weightrainer.net/spreadsheets/coan1notes.html it says by week 12 you can hit a pr at 111% of current 1rm. I do squat mon, bench wed, dead fri
Thanks

Just do the program and choose your opening weight based on how the final two weeks feel leading up to the meet. Generally I’ve seen opening attempts around 88-92% and second attempts around 95-98%. You should be able to find a lot of articles on this topic with a quick google search.

Does your program outline any assistance work? That should make up most of the volume for that program.

Hey thanks for your reply and suggestions. I lift at home and have only free weights so for assistance moves I do front squats and barbell lunges and barbell hip thrust for squats, incline bench and close grip bench along with some flys and skull crushers for bench and stiff leg deadlifts, good mornings and rows for deadlift. Should you ease off on the assistance exercises in the last couple weeks before the meet?

[quote]newfielifter wrote:
Hey thanks for your reply and suggestions. I lift at home and have only free weights so for assistance moves I do front squats and barbell lunges and barbell hip thrust for squats, incline bench and close grip bench along with some flys and skull crushers for bench and stiff leg deadlifts, good mornings and rows for deadlift. Should you ease off on the assistance exercises in the last couple weeks before the meet?[/quote]

Yeah you should reduce fatigue as much as possible in those final weeks. I found this thread where CSEagles1694 provided a good outline of the program. It looks like one thing you can add to the squat day is the stiff leg deadlift for a couple sets so you’re getting more hamstring work (2x a week). There’s also a 4th day for accessory. Everything else looks pretty close.