First Meet Results!

[quote]Teddy057 wrote:
Great lifts and keep up the good work brother!
You ever think about dropping down to a healthy weight? 350lbs at 19 is quite a bit for your body to carry, not to mention your heart. You could still lift heavy, and even keep gaining strength if you adjust your diet a little bit. [/quote]

Thank you! And ya i kinda want to shed some pounds. Get down to 308 maybe even 290. I just don’t know how to go about losing weight while incresing my lifts for my next meet.

Nice work. I agree about the DL form comments. Glad you had a positive first meet experience.

Awesome lifting.

Regarding dropping weight, just take it slow, throw in some conditioning (nothing crazy) and some low level stuff like walking/elliptical a few days a week. Clean up the diet. Drop some weight and clean up your form and your deadlift will become just beastly.

Wendler has talked about this, and Jason Ferruggia wrote about it at length here (and elsewhere): jasonferruggia.com/walk-this-way/

This has worked really well for me; it’s good to get going early in the morning and I get to walk with my dog which is good for both of us.

Good lifting!

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Nice work. I agree about the DL form comments. Glad you had a positive first meet experience.[/quote]

Than you!

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Awesome lifting.

Regarding dropping weight, just take it slow, throw in some conditioning (nothing crazy) and some low level stuff like walking/elliptical a few days a week. Clean up the diet. Drop some weight and clean up your form and your deadlift will become just beastly. [/quote]
Thanks! & Awesome sounds good to me.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Awesome lifting.

Regarding dropping weight, just take it slow, throw in some conditioning (nothing crazy) and some low level stuff like walking/elliptical a few days a week. Clean up the diet. Drop some weight and clean up your form and your deadlift will become just beastly. [/quote]
Thanks! & Awesome sounds good to me.

[quote]KRC wrote:
Wendler has talked about this, and Jason Ferruggia wrote about it at length here (and elsewhere): jasonferruggia.com/walk-this-way/

This has worked really well for me; it’s good to get going early in the morning and I get to walk with my dog which is good for both of us.

Good lifting![/quote]

I will check that out for sure. thanks.

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:

[quote]Kansky wrote:
Awesome lifting, did that total qualify you for Raw Nationals?[/quote]

Thank you. And no sadly i dont think so, this meet was not sanctioned. At least thats what they told me. The meet that would have qualified me was on the same day in the ozarks, but i had already paid for this one so it was to late. [/quote]

What fed were you lifting in? From what i have read/understand on the usapl site you only need to post a total to qualify for raw nationals this year?

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]Kansky wrote:

Thank you. And no sadly i dont think so, this meet was not sanctioned. At least thats what they told me. The meet that would have qualified me was on the same day in the ozarks, but i had already paid for this one so it was to late. [/quote]

What fed were you lifting in? From what i have read/understand on the usapl site you only need to post a total to qualify for raw nationals this year?[/quote]

The fed was USPA. All i have to do is post my total on there site?

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]Kansky wrote:

What fed were you lifting in? From what i have read/understand on the usapl site you only need to post a total to qualify for raw nationals this year?[/quote]

The fed was USPA. All i have to do is post my total on there site?[/quote]

No what i was saying is that on the USAPL site if you check out the raw nationals it says you need to just have competed in a usapl meet and acquired a total to compete. Check out uspa for what the qualifications and stuff are. I’ll send you the link to what i’m talking about

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]Kansky wrote:

No what i was saying is that on the USAPL site if you check out the raw nationals it says you need to just have competed in a usapl meet and acquired a total to compete. Check out uspa for what the qualifications and stuff are. I’ll send you the link to what i’m talking about[/quote]
That would be great man. thanks

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]Kansky wrote:

No what i was saying is that on the USAPL site if you check out the raw nationals it says you need to just have competed in a usapl meet and acquired a total to compete. Check out uspa for what the qualifications and stuff are. I’ll send you the link to what i’m talking about[/quote]
That would be great man. thanks[/quote]

Seems they took down my link, i’ll shoot you a PM

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]Kansky wrote:

That would be great man. thanks[/quote]

Seems they took down my link, i’ll shoot you a PM[/quote]
Cool bro!

Yeah man, it looks like you’ve got even more in you once you get the form ironed out a little. Didn’t seem like you struggled too much with any of the lifts.

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
Yeah man, it looks like you’ve got even more in you once you get the form ironed out a little. Didn’t seem like you struggled too much with any of the lifts.[/quote]

Yeah i feel i have allot more in me man!