First Meet Results!

class: 242-280
age class: 16-17

indeed i was alone but i had a good day,sweet experience, here were my results:
squat: 275, 300, 315
bench: 235, 250, 265 (miss)
deadlift: 375, 405(miss), 405 (coulda had more but last attempt lol)

felt really good, squat was my gym pr, so was the deads, bench lack of warmup and do high of a jump hurt that but a 970 total was good for me

Nice job! I’m going to one later this year, unfortunately it doesnt have squat, but i’m hoping to total 700 between bench and deadlift.

I was also at this meet, and I’ll post my results as well.

Weight class- 181 (Was supposed to be 165, made it for day before weigh in’s, but the guy who was supposed to run them didn’t show up (His car was broken). So I had to weigh in the day after, and I had to eat as to have some strength, so I weighed in at 167 and missed 165 by 2 lbs :frowning:

20-23 division.

Squat- 365, 405, 420 (miss, so close it was crazy)
Bench- 265, 290 (miss) 290 (miss) gotta work on this :frowning:

Deadlift- 430, 460, 475. I guess I broke a state record for people from massachusetts in my weigh and age brakcet with the last attempt, so they let me try an additional deadlift. I did 490, but I lowered it a little half way up before jacking it the rest of the way. Would ave been nice, but gives me somehing to work for later on.

Overall a great first meet experiance, and a ton of fun.

Great job to both of you guys… I still remember my first!! Onwards and upwards from here!

[quote]bignate wrote:
class: 242-280
age class: 16-17

indeed i was alone but i had a good day,sweet experience, here were my results:
squat: 275, 300, 315
bench: 235, 250, 265 (miss)
deadlift: 375, 405(miss), 405 (coulda had more but last attempt lol)

felt really good, squat was my gym pr, so was the deads, bench lack of warmup and do high of a jump hurt that but a 970 total was good for me[/quote]

Congratulations on your 970 total!

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Congrats, you’ll be bustin a grand next!

good work to both. i have yet to attend my first meet. looking to do so after summer. congrats again.

CG, much more succesful then my first meet!

Give it 3 years and you’ll be subtotalling what you totalled at this one!! (I was only 5kg away from hitting the same subtotal as my actual total in my first comp in April '06)

I just had my first meet, it was a blast.
I competed in the Raw 181’s, 16-17 teenage class for push pull (no squat was offered)

Bench: 250, 275(miss, feet moved), 275
Deadlift: 365, 385, 395 (miss, but close)
It was a great time and i cant wait to compete in more to come

ur lifts are like the same as mine, a little lower, same age, and u are like 60 pounds less lol

hahah how long you been doing it?
i’d say i’ve been benching for 2 or 3 years, and deadlifting/squatting for 6 months lol

I want to get into some meets but i can’t seem to find any in my area. anyone know of any in Pennsylvania for 16y/o?

all of them will have a 16 y/o barcket just no one else might be competing with u thats how mine was, i think a good web site is powerliftingwatch.com, not sure if thats the on ehtough