First Meet Info

Guys,

For all the PL newbies out there I am going to be entering my first meet this fall. I sent out my SASE for my entry form this week. I was thinking that since I have no idea what to expect that I would keep a journal of things I did in preparation and what actually happens at the meet. Things like the weigh in and the gear inspection and stuff like that are the things you don’t know about. Would anyone be interested in reading that?

Good luck, keep us all posted I am sure there are many intrested. BTW how old are you, what weight class do you plan on entering, what are your personal bests, and what are your goals for the meet.

You should definitely post a journal of your experiences. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of help along the way. I’m getting ready to do my 1st meet on Saturday and had to piece together a lot of information from various sources on the best way to prepare.

It would be a great idea

posting my log has been personally great for me…even though it has been a really tuff year and i havent got to do a meet yet it has really allowed me to track my progress and really find what works for me and what dosent…i go back through my old log and my new log and look at changes and certain movemnts that have worked good for me and others i have stopped doing…it will help YOU most bro…bm

do this before you go to the meet. read all of the rules over and over so you dont ask really dumb questions during the rules meeting. It makes people look dumb.

andrew1

I am 28, will be 29 when my meet comes around though. I’d like to participate in the 242 class but most likely I’ll be in 275’s. Right now based on my gym records my total would be an embarassing 930. My goal by October is to get that over 1000 and as high as 1200. I plan to set a specific goal for myself about 3 months out from the meet. I do not plan on using a bench shirt but I will be using power briefs and knee wraps along with a belt.

What federation are you looking to compete in?

I’m going to my first meet on the 8th of May. I think i’ll just watch the first one and compete once i know what the hell is going on and what the basic rules are. Dont really want to make an ass of myself at my first competition…
prob compete on the 13th or 27th of june and will be going for 1200lb+
have no gear whatsoever, only chalk :slight_smile:
we will have keep each other posted!