First Lab Values While on TRT

Hello everyone, this is my first blood test while on TRT (on my 3rd month),
i feel pretty good and strong,a bit irritable, solid 5-6 workouts at week, but still suffering of low libido (no problem of erectile dysfunction), very low semen volume/smaller testicles. My back acne seems to be getting better after the first 2 months.

I’m 31, 5.9 at 165, 8-9 % BF

Here the results:

Total cholesterol 184 RANGE <190
ACTH 24.70 pg/ml RANGE <60
Cortisol 205 ng/ml RANGE 50 - 230
DHEA-S 3.2 mcg/ml RANGE 0.9 - 5
E2 61 pg/ml RANGE <39.8
FHS <0.3 RANGE 1 - 14
LH <0.1 RANGE 1.5 - 9.2
Prolactin 8.8 ng/ml RANGE 5 - 15
SHBG 32 nmoli/l RANGE 13 - 71
Testosterone 14.91 ng/ml RANGE 1.41 - 8.27
Free testosterone 49 pg/ml RANGE 4.5 - 42

My TRT is 80 mg of Test-E every 5 days, but my testo tot/free and E2 levels are out of range.
I decided to stop HCG (and I’ve told my doctor this) after the first month due to massive water retention.

My doctor say everything is fine, i just need to lower my Test-e dosage. He don’t want to give any AI for my high E2.

Can i really lower my E2 taking less test-e or pinning 80mg less frequently?
Is it a possible solution?

Any advice is appreciated!

What were your labs prior to trt?

You need an AI and your doc thinks what that your estrogen should just stay at this level and its ok?

Order your own AI online

Safemedsforall

Unfortunately getting an AI isn’t an option.

Since TRT is permanent treatment i wonder if this problem can be solved with less medicine instead of adding AI.

Pinning less or more frequent as a rule of thumb would lower both T and E but I don’t think it will lower it to a point where you feel better. You could try some of these and see if it helps. www.nowloss.com/ways-to-increase-testosterone-levels-naturally-without-using-steroids.htm

A lot of things matter when trying to look at labs.

When where these labs in reference to when you took your last shot?

Were you taking hcg at the time?

Have you any liver labs? Ast alt?

Your doctor gives hcg but no Ai? I don’t understand this.

Why can’t you change doctors.

Read advice for new guys and estradiol and why it matters.

You could try telling us what your hCG dose was.

This is standard advice maintained here:

There is a huge amount of knowledge in the stickies. Please study these. Start with the advice for new guys sticky.

There is a lot to read there, so read carefully. There are suggestions for things that are root causes of low testosterone [T]. Low T is a symptom, not a root cause itself. But low T itself is a root cause of many of the symptoms one experiences. Note that other things cause the same spectrum of symptoms, so do not have T tunnel vision. Many docs are guilty of that and they only treat the symptom [low T] and do not attempt to find the real problem. If you go to a clinic that specializes in low T, you will get T tunnel vision for sure.

Post info about yourself as suggested in the above sticky. We need labs, almost all of your labs, not just hormones. We also need the lab ranges.

We see a very high number of thyroid issues in the population of guys that show up here. So there is a strong focus on that. Most people are iodine deficient to some degree. Your history of iodine intake from iodized salt and vitamins that list iodine is important. If you become iodine deficient, the RDA [recommended daily allowance] is inadequate for recovery of iodine stores. Please see the thyroid basics sticky for more information.

You do not want to suffer from subclinical hypothyroidism or get Rx thyroid meds to treat iodine deficiency.

If you are injecting T or contemplating that, read the protocol for injections sticky.

There are stickies for finding a TRT doc, estradiol [E2] and lab work.

Do not place your history or treatment details in the stickies! That belongs in your thread. Keep all of your posts in your thread so we can have a clear picture of your situation and needs.

I was taking 250ui HCG twice for week for the first month then stopped, but the last HCG shot was 2 month before this the test so i don’t know if it does matters.
The last shot Test-E shot of 80 mg was 5 days prior lab test.

Here more values:

TSH 2.12 mcu/ml RANGE 0.25 - 5
T3 2.24 pg/ml RANGE 2.1 - 5.4
T4 1.16 ng/dl RANGE 0.82 - 1.51
Sodium 143 meq/l RANGE 135 - 150
Potassium 4.40 meq/l RANGE 3.6 - 5.1
AST 30 u/l RANGE <35
ALT 39 u/l RANGE <45
Triglycerides 113 mg/dl RANGE <180
HDL 72 mg/dl RANGE >39
LDL 95 mg/dl RANGE <115
Glucose 95 mg/dl RANGE 74 - 105
BUN 43 RANGE 18 - 45
Ferritin 195 ng/ml RANGE 30 - 300

Do you think is it better to reduce my actual Testo-E dosage (80 mg E5D) or pinning same dosage but less frequently ?
Can i succeed bringing both T and E2 in the range doing this way? Is there any sides?

No way i can get any AI without prescription in my country, and sadly i can’t change my doctor.

Thank you for sharing your time & knowledge!

Ok on your bottle does it read 200 mg/ml or 100 mg/ml?

You need to provide more information so we can understand stuff and not have to keep asking questions.

Read the stickies. A lot to learn here.

Do you have labs prior to trt? This would tell us a lot and is really helpful for someone trying to help you.

I highly doubt you will bring your E2 within range but you could try pinning eod and see where you land as your out of range on your T. More is not better.

Maybe the hcg without the Ai caused high E2 inside the testies and its sticking around. Hard to say what your body is doing but with low body fat % I wouldn’t think aromatase is the issue. I do see your liver enzymes are getting on the higher end so maybe your having problems clearing E2 get on some milk thistle from the seeds not the whole plant and some liver support. Read about foods to help the liver.

Keep an eye on that tsh, over 2 is a problem…
T3 should be ft3
T4 should be ft4

What time was the cortisol test taken? Do you get nervous about drawing blood?

SERM effect should have been gone for the labs. So we need to then consider that the liver is not effectively clearing E2 from your blood. Your liver markers, AST/ALT are slightly up. This can sometimes be caused by drugs, Rx or OTC. List all health issues and medications that you have been taking.

Over the last 15 years i have to take daily antihistamines 5mg (levocetirizine dihydrochloride) to treat some heavy pollen allergies from january to late july…i don’t know if it’s an issue with my E2.

I forgot to say i did this BW after 7 days of rest from gym/training.

Other daily supplements:
magnesium, multivitamin, omega-3 caps …

Should i expect less aromatization from 40 mg E3D than 80 mg E6D or it doesn’t really matter?

Do you think is it possible to continue my TRT using only T or is it safer to stop doing my TRT for correlated risks from high E2?

Smoother T levels produce less E2 than larger injections spaced apart. Can you fix your E2 problem this way? Probably not enough.

If E2 is elevated, that can explain libido issues.

So, without access to an AI is it safer/better to stop my TRT treatment? I’m a bit worried, i read a lot about health issues concerning high E2 well beyond a low libido.