First Lab Comparison - Crazy Swings

Don’t know if you care, but your name & dob are visible on those docs.

Yeah, I’d want to retest as I wouldn’t believe those numbers. For comparison, I take 180mg/week in 3 doses and mine is 2000 points lower than yours.

Looks like you pinned 100mg on a Monday and got your blood test on a Wednesday? Partially explains the high numbers.

Next time get the blood test Friday morning before pinning.

No I pinned Monday morning 100mg and took labs Friday before pinning.

1 Like

I appreciate that. I made sure to clear address out, the other info doesn’t bother me. I also am wondering if I need to retest. I talk to the Dr on Monday and will see what he says.

Oops. You are correct. I must have been looking at the wrong month on my calendar.

Doc wants to switch to .8cc twice a week. Also to start taking my Anastrozole for my high estrogen. Was also recommended to make back to back blood donations rather then wait 8 weeks apart do to my high hematocrit. What does everyone think?

How much did he tell you to take?

My guess whatever he said will be too much.

My e2 is usually like yours, 70-80pg, and .125mg brings me low enough to feel good. .25mg is usually too much.

Just start small with it

.25mg twice a week (with each injection of .4cc cyp)

1 Like

They are telling me I need to donate blood back to back days (therapeutic phlebotomy) due to my high hematocrit levels what do you think?

I think you need a new doctor because your hematocrit is not high. People who live in high altitude experience erythrocytosis and aren’t told by their doctors to do back to back therapeutic phlebotomies. TRT also causes erythrocytosis and is one of the benefits of TRT.

Your doctor is behaving as if you have Polycythemia Vera which is a blood disorder than can cause clotting. A lack of proper training is the problem here.

I do know many people on TRT who donate blood regularly to control elevated rbc count/hematocrit. High hematocrit levels can lead to high blood viscosities, which is not desirable.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do that

@systemlord it is irresponsible for you to give this advice to @animosity2k without understanding his inflammation status, cRP, other health issues… No, his Provider is behaving as if he has erythrocytosis secondary to his high exogenous Test usage. OP, you may want to consider dropping your dose if you are in this for the long haul. Clotting risk is not the primary concern with high Hct and an Hct of 54 or 51 or XX may not mean the same thing for two different individuals. You also have to consider each individual’s plasma viscosity (Hint: search these forums for that term) which when combined with Hct will govern whole blood viscosity.

@systemlord You are giving guys way too much overconfidence in my opinion.

1 Like

I am not in a very high elevation area, it’s only 800 MSL here. With that being said what direction do you recommend I go if you guys disagree with my Dr.s recommendation?

I am not in a high elevation area though only 800 MSL.

Swoop, for what reason ?

Donating won’t have a lasting impact. You will have to continue donations. The advice to lower your dose is probably sound, along with better hydration.

If it were me (and it was, at one time) I’d lower my dose a little, drink tons of water, maybe donate one time, and recheck in 6-8 weeks.

Also look into supplements that will lower HCT

I will lower to .8cc pinned twice weekly. Start the Anastrozole for the higher estrogen maybe .25 done twice a week.

I’ll donate next week before vacation and check leverls in 8 weeks.

1 Like

You take testosterone… testosterone levels go up. It’s that simple. Yes, your results are higher than most, but that’s why labs are done.

I’d reduce dose by 25% and see what happens. I wouldn’t take an AI. If you aren’t having issues with levels that high, why reduce e2? Mine were just as high and were fine.

If you’re going to take an AI anyways, I’d take a very small dose. Like 0.25mg/week or less. I highly doubt it’s necessary to take it at all. It will go down a bit on it’s own when you reduce the dose anyways.

If your reducing your dose I wouldn’t take an AI. As testosterone drops from the reduced dose, so will the estrogen. Doc is not giving you a drug to lower your high test number so why does he/she feel it necessary to give a drug to lower E2 faster, when it will in turn, follow the lowering test? There is nothing in your labs to indicate that when test reaches a more reasonable state that your E2 would not as well.