First Injection Tomorrow, Confused About Dose Frequency

Hey guys, I have my first injection at the doc in the morning for TRT. My doc is PCP so he may not be as well educated in this as you guys. He wants to start me at 200mg/month of T-Cyp, with the dosing being the full 200mg once every 4 weeks. I read the stickies here and they said to aim for:

“100mg test cypionate or ethanate injected per week with two or more injections per week. Injecting every 2, 3 or 4 weeks is horrible.”

If my doc is only willing to start me at 200mg/month, what is the best frequency for this? The 100mg a week isnt an option for me yet with him until he sees the follow up bloodwork in a couple months, so I thought maybe 100/mg every two weeks would be better, but sticky says aim for weekly. So I thought maybe 50mg/week but then I read threads stating this could be the worst thing since it’ll be enough to shut down natural production but not enough to feel benefits?

I’m so confused about all this and been trying to research online. They only found the low T a few days ago so I’ve kind of been in panic/speed research mode as much as I can before I see him tomorrow, but I keep finding contradictions between websites, and can’t find many people who are doing a total 200mg/month it seems.

Quick details:
29/M
Hit on pretty much all of the symptoms of low T; depression, some ED, 60lb weight gain over last 3 years despite working out 5x a week, strength dropping, loss of muscle mass, sleep issues, constant tiredness and fatigue.

Overall T on low end of normal LabCorp range:
Testosterone, Serum [567] 348-1197(ref range) ng/dL

Free T Low:
Free Testosterone(Direct) [8.5] 9.3-26.5(ref) pg/mL

Didn’t get a test for E or SHGB levels as this was a blood test of a bunch of things to figure out what could be wrong without getting into the nitty gritty of T-related things to test; thyroid/EBV/Lymes/Test.

Sorry if there’s anything else you needed. Again this is all new to me over the last few days.

Hoping someone can recommend if there’s a good starting frequency I can talk my doc into tomorrow since he won’t change overall dosage yet, or if I’m kind of screwed with a 200mg script?

Thanks for the help!

That dose is so bad by the end of the second week your test levels will be bottomed out.

To put it in perspective. Test cyp has a half life of 8 days. So 75 % of that is out of your body by the start of the third week.

Try talk your doc out of this terrible protocol and suggest 100 mg per week which is what most TRT guys are using on here

Tell him that you want to self-inject 50mg T twice a week with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes. Be prepared to walk. Do not get a 200mg injection and walk.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.