T Nation

First H-Drol Cycle

I had to take like 8-10g of taurine daily to help with back pumps when on ph.

I’ve been taking 6g on lifting days and 4.5g on non lifting days. I’ll bump it up if the pumps return.

Are there any possible side effects to taking too much taurine?

[quote]LAGear wrote:
I’ve been taking 6g on lifting days and 4.5g on non lifting days. I’ll bump it up if the pumps return.

Are there any possible side effects to taking too much taurine?[/quote]

Well thibs recons its a CNS inhibitor… which is why personally I tend to sidestep the stuff.

no, that was the thing. he didnt “feel” shut down and didnt even have total libido loss either. after his pct (nolva) his levels were above 1000 and a few weeks post returned to baseline. i know theres bloodwork to back up otc’s, especially Reversitol, but most people dont get it. so just because they feel ok, it doesnt necessarily mean their HPTA function is fully restored.

i could probably find a link to his bloodwork, ill look.

[quote]dcb wrote:
LAGear wrote:
So what I’m hearing is that no AI is needed at any point of PCT for h-drol.

My Torem shipped today and one bottle should cover me for: 120x3, 90x4 /60/60/30

Does that sound like a good plan for full recovery and no gyno risks? Or would you recommend dosing it differently?

Okay, stupid question alert: I’ve never had a problem figuring out dosing quidelines but what does “120x3, 90x4 /60/60/30” mean? Is it in pill form or a suspension. I plan on getting it in a 30mg/ml bottle.

[/quote]

120mg for each of the first 3 days
90mg for each of the next 4 days

60mg each day in wk 2
60mg each day in wk 3
30mg each day in wk 4

From research chem companies this will come in suspension.

[quote]dcb wrote:
Okay, stupid question alert: I’ve never had a problem figuring out dosing quidelines but what does “120x3, 90x4 /60/60/30” mean? Is it in pill form or a suspension. I plan on getting it in a 30mg/ml bottle.

[/quote]
It’s a liquid.

120x3, 90x4 /60/60/30 means – 120 for the first three days, 90 for the next four days, then 60 for the next two weeks and 30 in the fourth week.

Oops - Didn’t realize this was already answered on Pg 2.

You guys here have been very helpful in the understanding and planning of my PCT. As you may have sensed, I like to understand why I’m doing things a certain way instead of just blindly following what people tell me to do.

I am all set to run torem in my PCT without any AI as you guys advised. But tonight I read the following which made me question again the omission of an AI. If the following quote is off base can you explain what is wrong? Seems to make sense but I know you guys will disagree so I’d like to hear your take on this. I am still learning…

Thanks!

[quote]LAGear wrote:
You guys here have been very helpful in the understanding and planning of my PCT. As you may have sensed, I like to understand why I’m doing things a certain way instead of just blindly following what people tell me to do.

I am all set to run torem in my PCT without any AI as you guys advised. But tonight I read the following which made me question again the omission of an AI. If the following quote is off base can you explain what is wrong? Seems to make sense but I know you guys will disagree so I’d like to hear your take on this. I am still learning…

Thanks!

at the end of a cycle you are producing little natty test so no need for an ai as there is little to nothing to aromatase. the serm binds to estrogen receptors preventing unwanted estrogen from attaching to areas you don’t want-chest. you want some estrogen during pct because it makes you continue to grow. after a week or so your natty test starts to ramp up, this is when and why you want to add the ai at this time. two things to remember, a serm and an ai are two very different things, but both of them should be part of a complete pct. a serm prevents estrogen from binding to areas you don’t want while still circulating in the body, which is a good thing. an ai or aromatase inhibitor prevents your natural test from flooding your body with too much estrogen after being shutdown while on cycle.

[/quote]

Sounds like more talk from the mfrs :slight_smile: When words like “flooding with too much estrogen” are used, it’s little more than scaremongering. This is particularly true after a light cycle like hdrol, where natural levels of test surely declines greatly, but not completely.

At some point, you want to allow aromatization. Estrogen isn’t all evil… it helps us in many ways. If you feel the need to do a long, AI taper, fine. Start two or three weeks into your PCT and run it well beyond the end of PCT, tapering down gradually. It’s absolutely not necessary with this cycle, but if you want to do it, do it right.

Do you guys think I need to use as much Torem as I planned?

I’ve been reading about PCT as much as I possibly can and want to use a SERM but I’m thinking for an h-drol cycle maybe I don’t need to use so much, or use it for so long.

My h-drol cycle is 50/50/75/75/75 (last day is this Tuesday so PCT starts Wednesday) and my plan for Torem is 120x3, 90x4 /60/60/30.

Can I or should I use less Torem? My dosing is high enough to use for much stronger gear so I wonder if I ought to use less? My sides are minimal. I haven’t noticed any atrophy, libido changes, etc. The only side is some testicular sensitivity which comes and goes. Would 120x3, 60x4/30/30 be too light?

I’ve been reading a lot of good stuff about I3C. What do you guys think about adding that into my PCT?

Update on my cycle: Today was day 31 and my gains have been as mild as my sides. My goal was to cut which I seem to have accomplished. At one point I had gained about 4lb but I cut my calories to try to enhance the cut. Now I’m only up about 1.5lb but according to my electronic calipers I’ve gone from 7.3% BF to 6.3%. A drop of one percent doesn’t sound like much but if it’s accurate that means I lost 14% of the BF I had when I started and that’s not too shabby. Still have four days to go so hopefully I can squeeze out another point or two of BF before the cycle ends.