First Generation to Have....

“This is going to be the first generation that’s going to have a lower life expectancy than their parents.”

WOW!!!

By 2010, nearly 1/2 of the children in North and South America will be overweight.

The wave of heart disease and stroke could totally swamp the public health care system.

Interesting article/study out today with regards to childhood obesity and what impact this will have on the future of our country/world.

With what we know now about the health effects of obesity and the advances we have made in fitness and knowlege thereof, what, besides laziness, is allowing this trend to occur?

I for one, am doing everything I can to instill activity and that mindset in my child. I’m not some fitness Nazi, but we do monitor their diets and we limit their TV. We have no video games in the house. My kids are 5 and 2, and are easily the smallest in their respective daycares. I hope to instill in them a healthy lifestyle and the advantages of living healthy.

I suppose that’s all we can do…

It really is sad to walk down the street and see fat kids everywhere. I don’t have kids myself but I’ve done everything I could to help my nephews get involved in sports and stay active. They are 10 and 7. Both play in baseball and football leagues and are constantly outside playing.

I took the family out to eat at a “mid level” restaurant the other night. I couldn’t help but notice that we were surrounded by fat people. It was sort of funny in a sick way.

And who do you think was parking in the handicapped spaces? Fat people in their 40’s and 50’s. Disabled because they are so grossly overweight.

[quote]By 2010, nearly 1/2 of the children in North and South America will be overweight.

The wave of heart disease and stroke could totally swamp the public health care system. [/quote]

I guess that’s one way to save money on old age benefits.

It’s nice that when I still visit my parents house I see kids outside playing.

Everytime I am back there is always a group of 6-10 kids outside either playing baseball, football or shooting hoops.

Rather refreshing.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I took the family out to eat at a “mid level” restaurant the other night. I couldn’t help but notice that we were surrounded by fat people. It was sort of funny in a sick way.

And who do you think was parking in the handicapped spaces? Fat people in their 40’s and 50’s. Disabled because they are so grossly overweight.

[/quote]

Interestingly, we were at Applebees last weekend and at the table next to us
they had to sit a third person in the aisle of a 4 seat table because the 2 obese adults filled out a side apiece.

All three at the table ordered diet cokes with their all you can eat riblets!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Funny that you say that. I was sitting at Burger King the other day on my lunch break, and I noticed the same thing.

I told my girlfriend, “If you want to see what the downfall of the western world will be, here it is”. Lazy fat people eating more, getting fatter, and raising their kids on the shit.

I say fuck’em. Let’em die at 40. Won’t be me.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I say fuck’em. Let’em die at 40. Won’t be me.[/quote]

I’d say the same, if it weren’t for the fact that unless you’re willing to take the risk of not having health insurance, you’re paying for them being fat, like it or not.

Most human beings have a strong unconscious desire to poison themselves to hide away from depression. Alcohol, tobacco, meth, food – pick your poison, you’ll be hard pressed to find someone who’s not “on” at least one of them to run way from reality…

The economic incentive to end this insanity is precisely in the hands of people like you and me. We are not part of the problem, but we need to be part of the solution.

So go find 5 people who are either obese, alcoholic, drug addicts or smokers and help them get healthy! You’ll be the one benefiting the most from it.

Eh we’re a lil over populated as it is now anyway

My kids eat all day long. Probably come close to the calories I’m taking in. And they are skinny as bean poles. I guess hyperactivity has its advantages.

[quote]vroom wrote:
By 2010, nearly 1/2 of the children in North and South America will be overweight.

The wave of heart disease and stroke could totally swamp the public health care system.

I guess that’s one way to save money on old age benefits.[/quote]

This is why we should also encourage smoking.

Mmmmm fat kids, it’s actually a world wide conspiracy by witches based out of a gingerbread house…I’ve said too much already…

Bring it on. The world needs a good cleansing.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
ZEB wrote:

Funny that you say that. I was sitting at Burger King the other day on my lunch break, and I noticed the same thing.

I told my girlfriend, “If you want to see what the downfall of the western world will be, here it is”. Lazy fat people eating more, getting fatter, and raising their kids on the shit.

I say fuck’em. Let’em die at 40. Won’t be me.[/quote]

I think it is a lack of discipline! And that lack of discipline spreads across many areas…I’ll say no more.

:slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

I think it is a lack of discipline! And that lack of discipline spreads across many areas…I’ll say no more.

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

YOU LACK DISCIPLINE! -Arnold.

Yeah, I agree though. I’ll admit I only started eating healthy within the past year, and thats only about 80% of the time. Most of my friends eat like shit, drink, and smoke.

Surprisingly, none of them are fat. In good shape? Hell no, but sure as hell not fat.

I do see a whole bunch of fat kids walking around though.

If terrorists want to topple the evil Western empires, they should stop trying to acquire a dirty bomb and instead try and acquire a few greasy spoons.

Fat people are great. They won’t be able to run as fast during the Zombie Apocolypse. That way, I only have to outrun them, and not the zombies. Sweet!

It is a fucking shame to see the sheer volume of little fat bastards that are running around these days. Overweight, weak kids being tutored in the art of fatness by their overweight, weak parents.

This generation is going to be Darwinism on a massive scale. Imagine what this will be like… war on two fronts, kids having strokes, heart attacks, and diabetes in their teen years or before, and drug addiction. The next 20 years are going to be really fucked up.

Australia is closing in on #1 status for obesity in children, by 2010 we will have the fattest children in the world.
That is an awesome stat don’t ya think!

I live in a small town in rural NSW and the amount of overweight people here is amazing, not just a few kilo’s over, but 20-30kgs at least. I can’t see it changing all that soon though, it is going to get alot worse before it gets better I think.

How the fuck does Australia beat us in terms of fat people? Jebus, America, can’t be we number one at anything these days?