First Gay President?

Anyone wanna take a wager on when it might happen?

We almost had a female candidate this year, and Barack might very well become the first black president.

How long until we have the first gay president?

First gay president in the U.S.? Or anywhere?

Chile had the first female president.

In fact, we may have already had a gay president if you believe the rumors that Abraham Lincoln was gay. But to answer your question, I doubt there will be an OPENLY gay president within my lifetime (I’m 24).

Why is being female or black a precedent for a future gay president.

I guess some people probably lump minorities and the oppressed gender into some sort of left wing constellation where gays are a little further out than anyone.

I don’t, I’m not anti-gay, I just don’t really think it is a relevant or valid group.

I’m pretty sure Clinton has made some twink suck his dick at least once, and Barack probably has been turned around a few times in college when he was searching for his ‘father figure.’

But they don’t run around going to rainbow parades and saying lipsy shit like ‘peachy.’

So I guess, you’re thinking more like…when are we going to have a man with a first man, who wants to redecorate the white house for president?

I dunno, hopefully never, I think gayness as an ‘ethnicity’ or ‘culture,’ is fucking chilidish.

Gay people aren’t in office lol. Stupid.

Let’s say we’ll see a gay POTUS around the time Florida is flooded by global warming, and Al Gore’s ego falls back down to Earth.

you definitely wont ever see a totally flaming gay as president EVER. There are much less gay people in the US then there are straight people.

I wonder what we’d see first. A Gay president or an Atheistic president.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Let’s say we’ll see a gay POTUS around the time Florida is flooded by global warming, and Al Gore’s ego falls back down to Earth.[/quote]

Is you insane?

That would make us go the way of the dinosaur.

[quote]ovalpline wrote:

In fact, we may have already had a gay president if you believe the rumors that Abraham Lincoln was gay. But to answer your question, I doubt there will be an OPENLY gay president within my lifetime (I’m 24).[/quote]

I remember saying that about a black president and it may just happen…I’m 32

We have a gay guy running our country.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
We have a gay guy running our country.[/quote]

haha, oh wait not really

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
I wonder what we’d see first. A Gay president or an Atheistic president.[/quote]

Might already have happened. Depends on your views on Buchanan.

A flamboyant gay POTUS is unrealistic because we’re talking about a narcistic, superficial stereotype; tolerance has nothing to with it.

FWIW, in Germany, Berlin’s gay mayor has a moderately realistic chance of becoming chancellor one day.

I cannot imagine an America in my mind which is lead by a gay person.

[quote]ovalpline wrote:

In fact, we may have already had a gay president if you believe the rumors that Abraham Lincoln was gay. But to answer your question, I doubt there will be an OPENLY gay president within my lifetime (I’m 24).[/quote]

lincoln was bi it was the norm in frontier america I understand.

I do agree about the openly part

I think that thier orientation wont really be known to many people

not untill it is really an accepted practice in the rest of the world

[quote]Guerrero wrote:

Why is being female or black a precedent for a future gay
I’m pretty sure Clinton has made some twink suck his dick at least once, and Barack probably has been turned around a few times in college when he was searching for his ‘father figure.’

[/quote]

Are sexual orientations really that loose in your world that this statement makes sense to you?

[quote]nichaaron wrote:

lincoln was bi it was the norm in frontier america I understand.
[/quote]

He was? Far be it from me to defend Lincoln, but could you provide a respectable source on his supposed bisexuality, or homosexuality, for that matter.

Being bi was the norm in frontier America? You mean two or more men might have slept within arms length of each other near a campfire out on the frontier? I have never heard this before.

Dustin

I dont really have sources just rumors like alot of people have on the subject.I just know that how it was seen in the past is not quite how things are seen today.
take the acient greeks for instance.

I myself dont really make it a habit to look into gay studies cause well,im not gay.just going off the tid bits that I have heard, because I do have gay friends and I do also have friends that are historical scholars and well, people talk about what interests them.

I do know for historical fact,that untill the european and spanish conquests and genicides in the americas,that the native people did not see the act of same sex physical releations as being taboo. and in with that living in frontier american alot of people that were not real hardcore religious followers also adapted alot of the native american practices and ideals.

now i am not saying it was a normal thing for them to walk around like the village people,or a bad,hardcore episode of OZ.

it was the spaniards that came over here and was horrified to see that they accepted sodomy so they did what they do best when they see something that they did not understand or agreed with at the time,and they killed them.
europeans at the time were real big on the whole,think like us or you will no longer exist type thing.

and personaly,I think we still carry that thinking with us today for the most part. just not to the extreme of killing people that are different anymore
I mean that still happens but in our society today not so much anymore.
sounds like the root to all racism doesen’t it
ignorance and intollarance.

but that is another subject all together and sorry for rambling off topic here.

I personaly think we should be open minded enough to mind our own bussiness.
if any political leader is gay or whatever who cares as long as they do the job right.
who they want to pork dosent make them any more or less,better or worse of a person

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
I wonder what we’d see first. A Gay president or an Atheistic president.[/quote]

Atheist, then gay, then monkey.

[quote]nichaaron wrote:

I personaly think we should be open minded enough to mind our own bussiness.
if any political leader is gay or whatever who cares as long as they do the job right.
who they want to pork dosent make them any more or less,better or worse of a person
[/quote]

/thread.

I read that James Buchanan was gay.