First Few Weeks of TRT, Clomid?

Thought of you 30 minutes after i got out of bed and checked temp- 97.3, hmmm. I’ll check it tomorrow before I get out of bed. I read the thyroid sticky. Thanks again.

Also check around 2pm, when not moving around, indoors, not eating or drinking, not talking. Need both numbers. Some are cool in the AM then warm up, some both cool in AM and PM.

96.5 when I wake up, tested several times. It appears you are on to something. Haven’t gotten the afternoon number yet, but I will. I’ll keep reading about this stuff.

I only thought I had a problem with this testorone thing. Now i have a real problem. I can’t even go to sleep tonight, as soon as i lay down my heart starts beating wrong and i can’t hardly breathe. This has been going on for a week now. I am getting very scared now. Going to the doc in a few hours.

I don’t know what has happened but something is wrong. For two days my left hand was numb, pain in my arm, little pains and pressures in my chest. That ended yesterday, and i thought I was in the clear, but then tonight it makes me jump out of bed, as I’m falling asleep i feel a strong pressure on my heart, then rapid beating. I am only 33. I got some compounded cream a last week and used it for about a week before this started. I stopped using it 4 or 5 days ago, but it isn’t going away.

When my E2 gets high this happens…
Clomid can make this happen…
Have you been drinking at all.

Relax, nothing serious is happening…
I am no doctor , but have been through the same thing… Hormones can do wild things !

[quote]Macmathews wrote:
When my E2 gets high this happens…
Clomid can make this happen…
Have you been drinking at all.

Relax, nothing serious is happening…
I am no doctor , but have been through the same thing… Hormones can do wild things !

[/quote]

Nope, no drinking. I got some bloodwork done so we’ll see maybe what was causing it. It’s almost gone now, just the occasional faintly odd beat. thanks

Your thyroid hormone levels are not supporting basic metabolic processes and your low body temperature is evidence of that.

So you read the thyroid basics sticky? What is your iodine intake etc?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your thyroid hormone levels are not supporting basic metabolic processes and your low body temperature is evidence of that.

So you read the thyroid basics sticky? What is your iodine intake etc?[/quote]

I read it. I had been taking about .3 mg of iodine in a kelp supplement a day, but i quit everything a month ago, worrying about this heart thing. Even quit caffiene, which i’ve never done before. It is hard for me to keep this all straight and figure out what i need to do next, but I think i’m going to leave TRT of all kinds alone and follow up this thyroid thing, and adrenals. I think somewhere in there is the real source of all this, why i’ve felt like shit for years even before my T got low.

I think clomid really aggravated some underlying problem like you say and caused this heart drama, which i won’t detail unless somebody wants to know or could use the info somehow, but it has been a rough few weeks. It is finally easing up now. It’s just a guess with clomid causing it, but it started about a month into clomid, and i’ve seen other guys say the same exact thing. I wish i had a good doctor, I don’t think any of the four I’ve seen are really up on things.

I’ve tested E2 twice over the last couple months, and I don’t think that was it- it was 25 or something, then 10 this past time. I think the heart problems were partly adrenal related somehow, because i kept getting this adrenalin rush feeling while trying to fall asleep, but who knows.

Anyway, I’m going to start from scratch with thyroid first. I had a TSH test a week ago in the hospital that the girl said was 1.1 but I never saw the results myself, then this past week it tested at 3.5. T3 and T4 are normal. I don’t have a detailed lab work thing to write up, just those three numbers, and I’m waiting for some kind of adrenal test this guy ordered, catecolynes or something.

KS, thanks for the help, I’m going to start with keeping careful track of body temp and go from there, while trying to find a good doc recommendation in Atlanta. I think having guys, especially younger guys like me, check through thyroid and other stuff like that first is the best advice. There’s no quick fix, as I’m learning. Thanks

A lot has happened, and my life is pretty much stopped now. I can’t work. To make a long story very short, it took me 5 doctors and 2 months to find a doctor that would test cortisol for me, and when I finally got it tested it was almost nonexistent. Somehow this trying to do HRT has greatly impacted some kind of adrenal or pituitary issue i already had, and made me extremely sick. Just for kicks, when I stopped taking everything a couple months ago that I read could effect testosterone levels- soy, plastic water bottles, melatonin- my testosterone returned to normal, and has stayed normal. But now I’m left with some kind of devastating condition that is yet to be determined. Addison’s like symptoms, heart and blood pressure and anxiety that never goes away.

been there. Thought I had mono it was so bad at one point. I was also close to being diabetic because of the effects on that system. Adrenals seem to be the toughest to sort out and most debilitating to deal with. Taking HC has always seemed like a pain in the ass to me. I hate to be reliant on something to the point where I won’t function without it. Missing a dose for TRT or thyroid really isn’t the end of the world. Missing an HC dose seems messy.

I had reasonable luck with Astragalus, Ashwaganda, huperzine A and licorice root. Felt better and tests confirmed better production. I think the licorice root had the biggest impact, and ended up being a little too simulating when I started to recover. You should also make sure DHEA-S levels are good. If not at the top of the range, take micronized oral or transdermal. Have to check E2 with oral, transdermal didn’t work for me. Could also try and good B vitamin complex, seems to be universally recommended with adrenal issues. I don’t tolerate B vitamins, so that didn’t work for me.

Getting my other hormones in a healthy range helped quite a bit. It allowed me to recover (mostly) from adrenal issues. I don’t really take anything for adrenals now besides a ton of stuff to make sure I’m sleeping. They’re not generally an issue anymore, but it doesn’t take much to crash again. I seem to recover ok now.

www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/the_truth_about_adrenal_fatigue

I believe anxiety can be from high epinephrine (adrenaline). It’s been awhile since I’ve done any reading on the subject, but I seem to recall the body compensating for very low cortisol with increased adrenaline. Not sustainable and eventually you crash even harder. You could try and increase nor-epinephrine to compensate, but that’s probably just a bandaid. SNRIs can be a bitch to come off. I wouldn’t recommend that route to anyone.

I’m just someone that’s tried to sort through all this myself, so take my suggestions a such. Not rock solid medical advise, but some areas of possible research.

Hey, thanks for the reply. It turns out it worse than that- checked ACTH and it is low, so it is a pituitary problem rather than adrenal. Now i’ve got to get xrays of my brain. Probably the source of all these sleeping problems over the years, and never feeling right. And now messing with clomid has made it worse. We’ll see. I got some cortef, which as given me a small break for a while now- i’ve had nothing but adrenalin like you were saying for months now, i haven’t really slept in weeks. I don’t know what will happen. Worrying won’t help so i’m trying not to worry.

[quote]redandblack wrote:
Hey, thanks for the reply. It turns out it worse than that- checked ACTH and it is low, so it is a pituitary problem rather than adrenal. Now i’ve got to get xrays of my brain. Probably the source of all these sleeping problems over the years, and never feeling right. And now messing with clomid has made it worse. We’ll see. I got some cortef, which as given me a small break for a while now- i’ve had nothing but adrenalin like you were saying for months now, i haven’t really slept in weeks. I don’t know what will happen. Worrying won’t help so i’m trying not to worry.[/quote]

Good luck and your RIGHT worrying will NOT help
The only thing in life to fear is the fear itself

I don’t believe any of the items I used work at the adrenal level. I’d have to go back and look, but most should be to correct faulty pathways. Licorice root is the exception, that keeps your body from metabolizing the cortisol you do happen to make.

I studied the ACTH feedback loop but it’s been awhile. It might be worth a look. Low androgens/other hormones or epinephrine are probably players that could be relatively easy to correct. The key is to get into a healthy state for a period of time, even if it means pharmaceuticals you’d rather not be on or that don’t address the root cause. If cortef works, commit to it while looking at other areas. If you feel better, you’ll have more drive to complete steps necessary to really get well. You may find that you can start unwinding whatever protocol you’re on once you’ve fully recovered and are feeling well for a number of months.

I fought this for years and paid the price. I was determined to find a root cause and that ended up costing my time being unwell and money I’ll never get back. Cost me my marriage as well, but that’s turned out to be a good thing and contributing to my well being :slight_smile: With adrenals in particular, it seems once you dug the hole deep enough there’s no getting out without some purposeful steps. Corrections to diet, avoiding stimulants, removing stress and/or mild implementation don’t seem to do the trick once you’ve reached a certain point. You may feel slightly better for awhile, but it’s a tightrope walk that the smallest of inferences can undo.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Panic attacks can present this way.

Arm can be from issues in neck or rotator cuff. Have you been working out?

I don’t mean to ressurect an old thread, but I’d really like to know what eventually happened. You posted this in 2014 and then nothing. At least are you still alive?

I am! Thanks for asking. Man it hurts to even read all that. That was the worst time in my life, by far. I won’t detail it all but somehow, for some reason, some specific circumstance of my health or history, that clomid absolutely flipped my world upside down. It almost killed me. I guess i had at least one heart attack- I went in to the ER insisting I was having one, and the creatine kinase test was 1300 with a range of like 50-200 or something like that.

Anyway I made it, the story is just too long to tell here but send me an email or message if you want to hear it. I’m left with some kind of stomach condition, where i have seemingly permanent gas/burping, just really bad digestion. I have been around and around with it. All other issues resolved with a better diet- I don’t need T or anything else, and I guess i never did, it was all environmental or diet type stuff. My last bloodwork was the best I can remember, I’m all good except for this indigestion thing. Anyway send me a message if you want

1 Like

I took clomid and started out good. Got into the high 500s. Then I got put up to a full tablet and started getting rash/hives over my chest and legs. Stopped for 6 months and tried it again and got the allergic reaction immediately. So now I’m on TRT finally. Just got my first shot yesterday.

I had a CK test 3 years ago in the astronomical range too. I was on PHs and working out 3 hours a night. I read somewhere that tons of protein shakes can cause a false reading-- maybe it was something else I was taking. I’m not sure. It scared me and stopped me from wanting to even workout. Now I’m weak and 60 pounds heavier. I’m hoping if I take it easier while working out I won’t get Rhabdo numbers of CK.

As far as your gas/burping and digestion issues, did it start after clomid? I did a Shakeology “cleanse” (don’t make fun of me) and I had horrible acid reflux and stomach issues for almost a year. Not sure what the hell happened. Ketchup and even mustard flared it up. Wondering if you tried anything like that.

And congrats on still being alive. It always scares me when people say they have horrible problems and then never post again