First Ever Creatine Loading Phase

The creatine I’m buying has 200 servings of 1 teaspoon. It says for people over 220lb ( me ) take a total of 5 teaspoons daily for the 7 day loading phase. I heard people say loading phases are useless and just take a couple servings a day.

Should I follow the loading phase or what? Also after the 7 day phase if that’s what I should do, do I just take a couple servings daily?

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
The creatine I’m buying has 200 servings of 1 teaspoon. It says for people over 220lb ( me ) take a total of 5 teaspoons daily for the 7 day loading phase. I heard people say loading phases are useless and just take a couple servings a day.

Should I follow the loading phase or what? Also after the 7 day phase if that’s what I should do, do I just take a couple servings daily?[/quote]

I did a couple searches earlier on T-Nation. The general consensus is to just take 5g a day whenever the fuck you want to take it, to load or not to load is up to you but most find it unnecessary.

with that being said, I think every one is a bunch of cunts.

there is definitely an optimal way to take this supplement, there is always an optimal way to take anything but for some reason everyone wants to shrug this one thing off like you’re some kind of newb if you have questions about it because everyone over 150lbs on this forum is just so damn smart

Doing a loading phase is a good way to gain about 5-10 lbs of water weight in a week but thats about it. Stretch youre creatine a little farther and dont worry about it.

You could go with PH buffered creatine which minimizes if not eliminates water weight gain and is far more potent than monohydrate, You can saturate your muscles faster (like doing a loading phase would) and no holding extra water.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

Should I follow the loading phase or what? Also after the 7 day phase if that’s what I should do, do I just take a couple servings daily?[/quote]

I did a couple searches earlier on T-Nation. The general consensus is to just take 5g a day whenever the fuck you want to take it, to load or not to load is up to you but most find it unnecessary.

there is definitely an optimal way to take this supplement, there is always an optimal way to take anything but for some reason everyone wants to shrug this one thing off like you’re some kind of newb if you have questions about it because everyone over 150lbs on this forum is just so damn smart[/quote]

Idea with 5g is that you can take it long term. With loading and higher dose its advised to have a 4week break every 12weeks or whatever it was…

[quote]NikH wrote:

there is definitely an optimal way to take this supplement, there is always an optimal way to take anything but for some reason everyone wants to shrug this one thing off like you’re some kind of newb if you have questions about it because everyone over 150lbs on this forum is just so damn smart[/quote]

Idea with 5g is that you can take it long term. With loading and higher dose its advised to have a 4week break every 12weeks or whatever it was…
[/quote]

Whether you load or not, you dont have to cycle off creatine. Theres virtually no point.

If im not mistaken they used to advise cycling off creatine for safety/health reasons, but i would hope that by now everyone knows creatine is as safe as whey.

Yes i dont know if loading affects it much. Ok i dont have the links now but i recall a study where bodybuilders took 20g of creatine for several months and their own creatine production lessened, but returned to normal after 4weeks. A control group who only took 5g didnt have a lower creatine production. Also higher doses 20g+ may cause kidney problems when used long term. If theres new studies about higher dosage id like to read them.

[quote]NikH wrote:
Yes i dont know if loading affects it much. Ok i dont have the links now but i recall a study where bodybuilders took 20g of creatine for several months and their own creatine production lessened, but returned to normal after 4weeks. A control group who only took 5g didnt have a lower creatine production. Also higher doses 20g+ may cause kidney problems when used long term. If theres new studies about higher dosage id like to read them.[/quote]

Ive never seen anything concrete that states taking creatine will lower your own natural creatine, but even if thats the case to a small degree, its probably negligible, and as you said went back to normal.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason to take 20g of creatine a day. even the 10g a day i take is probably overkill, so dont put too much thought into it.

Seriously, its just creatine. its not a PED. Either take it or dont, not gonna matter much either way.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

is far more potent than monohydrate.[/quote]

How? Thats like saying Test E is more powerfull than Test P…
creatine will be creatine…maybe the mechanisim may differ but ultimetaly both have the same effect?

Correct me if I’m wrong on this one…haven’t used creatine in 5 years and haven’t been keeping up with the latest.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

is far more potent than monohydrate.[/quote]

How? Thats like saying Test E is more powerfull than Test P…
creatine will be creatine…maybe the mechanisim may differ but ultimetaly both have the same effect?

Correct me if I’m wrong on this one…haven’t used creatine in 5 years and haven’t been keeping up with the latest.[/quote]

gram for gram its the same, but PH buffered is supposedly better absorbed so you can use less.

I wont sit here and argue that it actually is better, saying it is “far superior” doesnt accurately convey what i meant to say, but these are the supposed benefits of it.

Honestly the only reason i take it at times is to minimize water retention and i do believe at the very least it does that. Usually when i start taking mono after being off it for a while i gain at least 5 lbs in the following couple weeks, when i start taking kre-alk after not taking any creatine for a period of time, i dont seem to experience that initial gain in water weight at all.

It could turn out that it isnt any better at all, i dont know if theres ever been anything thats ever proved it. Some people have said they really like it, others are plenty more skeptical like yourself. I dont care enough for creatine to argue either way really.

take 2-3 scoops preworkout and this will boost the pump in your training session

I get bad cramps, and have to be picky with type and timeing, this could come into acount on weather or not to load, several people I know have same problem, I’ve never personaly loaded, just 5grams day split in two drinks, seems helpful for strength. Paul you sound bitter, I left this site for a year because of crap

with that being said, I think every one is a bunch of cunts.[/quote]
I like your posting style.

[quote]
…because everyone over 150lbs on this forum is just so damn smart[/quote]
That’s actually very true.

I heard people say loading phases are useless and just take a couple servings a day.

“A couple servings a day” would be a loading phase.

Dude, you’re big, but you’re not that big. Take 5 grams in your workout shake. Simple and done.

With what you’ve said about your day and how hard it seems to be for you to eat while you’re at school, I can’t imagine you figuring out a way to knock back a dose of creatine two or three times between classes.

Yeah it would be pretty hard, I got bitched at by a teacher cause I took fish oil in the middle of class. But 5g in my pre workout or post? And on off days just take it any time of day?

…I got bitched at by a teacher cause I took fish oil in the middle of class.[/quote]
You couldn’t find another time to take it?

Yeah it would be pretty hard, I got bitched at by a teacher cause I took fish oil in the middle of class. But 5g in my pre workout or post? And on off days just take it any time of day?[/quote]

“Not now Prof, I’m in the fuckin’ zone!”

I just bought some micronized and it had some creatine precurser blendy stuffs in it too.

I’m going to load it for a few days at 20g cuz I fucking feel like it

I just bought some micronized and it had some creatine precurser blendy stuffs in it too.

I’m going to load it for a few days at 20g cuz I fucking feel like it[/quote]

Your gonna have to be on TRT for the rest of your life if you do that brah.

[quote]JLone wrote:

…I got bitched at by a teacher cause I took fish oil in the middle of class.[/quote]
You couldn’t find another time to take it?[/quote]

I meant to take it when I got up so it was my fault…still dumb as hell that they complained about fish oil