First Days of Workout Soreness

First days complete and i’m sore as fuck.

Can someone explain the soreness? I know its cause i’m working muscles that i haven’t been working before, but what does it actually mean.

The main reason I am asking is because it’s wed. night and I did my legs on monday and they’re KILLING me lol. What I want to know is… is it ok to start legs again while they’re still sore, or should I wait until the pain goes away to start again.

you should be waiting alteast 1 week before training them again.

your asking if you should train the muscle again while there still sore, you should ask your self if its ok to roll your ankle after youve just rolled it.

–Is that what you want to know in regard to muscle soreness?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_you_all_get_doms

Or maybe that…Dunno. I got those just running a quick search though.

While I appreciate your feedback, your failed attempt at sarcasm is almost as bad as your grammar. This is the beginner forum after all.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:

–Is that what you want to know in regard to muscle soreness?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_you_all_get_doms

Or maybe that…Dunno. I got those just running a quick search though.[/quote]

Thank you. That’s just what I needed.

[quote]FatAss2008 wrote:
Thank you. That’s just what I needed.[/quote]

No problem, Im good like that.

[quote]FatAss2008 wrote:
First days complete and i’m sore as fuck.

Can someone explain the soreness? I know its cause i’m working muscles that i haven’t been working before, but what does it actually mean.

The main reason I am asking is because it’s wed. night and I did my legs on monday and they’re KILLING me lol. What I want to know is… is it ok to start legs again while they’re still sore, or should I wait until the pain goes away to start again.[/quote]

resistance training produces muscle damage which produces an inflammatory response

taking a high dose fish oil supplement is strongly anti-inflammatory will reduce the inflammation and therefore soreness including other sources of inflammation like headaches

You are sore huh, that is to be expected. Though I don’t advise you to destroy your body, you are going to need to tough it out and work through some of this. It gets better as you go along, and don’t wait over a week between working the same body part, that is just plain a waste of time.

How much volume are you doing? If it is on the high side it could be scaled back, but more than likely you just need to adapt.

[quote]Trainer1928 wrote:
you should be waiting alteast 1 week before training them again.

your asking if you should train the muscle again while there still sore, you should ask your self if its ok to roll your ankle after youve just rolled it.[/quote]

This is one of the more retarded statements I’ve seen posted in the beginnner forum. The comparison is nothing short of hyperbole.

You can train when sore, but you probably wont’ hit any PR’s. Training when sore is best either a) not done at all or b)done with light training- ie, you back of on weight, sets, reps, or all three.

The soreness will go away in a few days (3-4, maybe even 1-2). Don’t worry about it too much.

What’s your routine look like?

never train while sore ? lol ? if you follow that logic then goodbye to splits training

I think you can still train if your sore, its what you do if you play sports. Obviously, if you can barely move you legs or something do not lift, but if its just “oh, my leg is sore”, then you should be able to lift. Generally (for me at least), if im somewhat sore and I warm up to start lifting, most of my soreness goes away. If it doesn’t and your body still has a decent amount of soreness after you go through your warmups, taking a day off might be better for you.

It seems many people have different views on this matter though, so im sure someone will disagree with me.

Also, the first couple workouts you do you will probably feel extremely sore. You body will better handle the workouts in a week or two, so the amount of soreness you feel will be reduced.

Sore = you done good, so don’t worry too much about it. Just do what you can if you have to work the same bodypart again.

Surge helps me a lot. I ran out a few weeks ago and immediately noticed a difference the next day.

That being said, it still doesn’t cure my soreness completely if i’ve started a new back, legs or chest program (arms and shoulders don’t really get sore as much for me).

I expected the soreness for sure. I just really didn’t know the ‘science’ or should I say ‘biology’ behind it. I didn’t know if it was counter productive to work through the pain. It’s been a week since my legs and they are finally back to normal.

Routine is as follows.

And for those who want to critique the weight go f*&k yourself. =]

Legs

Hack squats: 225x4 3 Sets (Last set til failure)

Leg Extension: 110x5 3 Sets (Last set til failure)

Leg Press: 225x4 3 sets (Last set til failure)

Arms:

Chest Press 110x8 3 Sets (Last set til failure)

Dumbells 20lbs each

Oh and there are a few arm exercises that I dont know the name of.

I always end my weight sessions with light cardio and on my off days I do 30 min eliptical