First Day on TRT, Questions After First Injection

Hey guys I’m new to this whole trt thing my levels were low (305) and I’m 22 I’m prescribed 200mg test cyp per week, 500iuHCG 2x a week, .5 anastrozol 3x a week. I did my first injections this morning along with taking the anastrozol. With in maybe an hour or so I noticed I’m feeling emotional, I was reading through other people’s forums and it seems my anastrozol is a bit high compared to everyone else’s there protocol is usually .25 2x a week. What I’m wondering is, is that too much for my first time taking it or is it the HCG making me like this. Now a lot of other people I see had the same HCG protocol but also some at the 250iu 2x a week. I understand it’s my first day with all this running through my system but I’d love the input on if anyone has had similar experiences or will it level out and this is just my hormones trying to level it all out on the first day. Sorry I’m all over the place it’s just my first tile ever taking these things anything would help

I can’t give much advice with pre-TRT baseline numbers including SHBG, most men can’t handle 200mg weekly. Your estrogen levels has got to be insane! You might as well be trying to hit a nail on the head with a sledgehammer with that very high dosage of testosterone. It almost looks like one of the cookie cutter protocols you get prescribed from one of those T-Mills.

This high doses protocol will only work for one type of person, one who is a hyper metabolizer and or hyper excreter and there’s no way your doctor could know that this early in the game.

High estrogen = emotional instability, bitchiness and menopausal like mood swings.

Hard to say what’s going on without knowing other blood test results. The vast majority of men do not feel immediate changes, but with a level of 305, and a dose of 200mg, your levels took a big jump all at once. Maybe that explains your response. Taking anastrozole at the time of the injection may have crashed your E2 prior to any aromatization build up. Some wait 12-24 hours after injection to take anastrozole. Again, difficult to say since we all react differently. Some are very sensitive to AI drugs, which is why some do not start with them and add them later, and at very low doses, if needed.

1 Like

Your T levels are still rising and anastrozole may have been taken a bit soon. Anastrozole needs to match your serum T levels. So E2 may have tanked and thrown you off.

There is too much for you to know to stuff into this reply.

At your age=22, it is important to find the cause of low-T.
Post your labs with ranges.

LH and FSH should have been tested. And if low, prolactin needs to be tested and if that is elevated your root cause may be a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma. If these measures were skipped, your doc is an idiot.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.