T Nation

first day of Meltdown

gag ok i think i’m gonna vomit. so i guess that means i’m doing it right :wink: i went kinda slow today b/c i haven’t been in the gym in a bit. my last phase was strength training and I’m ready to lose some BF. my diet is pretty good…so i hope this will do the trick.

by next week i might wanna bring a bucket with me to the gym. yeesh.

anyone do Meltdown while incorporating some running intervals or some kind of cardio? or would that be overdoing it?

I performed Meltdown last spring. I jumped rope for 20 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach 3 X per week along with the melt down. Meltdown is intense as hell, but it is a great time saver in the gym if you are on a tight schedule! Congrats on not puking the first day! :slight_smile:

I don’t think you would overdo it. I lost a ton of BF in the 4 week period. My only recommendation would be to keep your cardio intense and short.

thanks or the tips :slight_smile: i’ll throw in some intervals for good measure!

Why not just stick to the program as written and start the intervals in Week 3? The weight sessions are brutal enough…you’ll lose plenty of fat just doing the weights the first two weeks and sticking to a strict diet. Trust me, it is very easy to burn out quick if you try to do too much too soon.