T Nation

First Cycle

Info:
24 years old
15% body fat
Training for 2 years
5’8" 150lbs
Diet is on point
Trying to reach 165 or 170 MAX…no bigger.

not trying to get huge or anything. I got a REALLY good deal on some gear.

My first cycle looks like this: (i kept it pretty safe because its my first cycle)

Anavar - 15mg IP CHINA (50mg/day - 8 weeks)
Proviron - 25mg (i think)(50mg/day - 8 weeks)
Nolva - 40mg per day - 2 weeks
Clomid - 50mg per day - 2 weeks

I know this probably isnt a great cycle but after research and asking around, it seemed the safest and coincided with my goals. I just wanted to know if my dosage was right, and if my PCT was on track.

Do i need to add/omit anything? Im more concerned with PCT than anything else. Ive been told with var, pct isnt really neccessary but im not taking any chances. Im not averse to needles or anything, but var just seemed the safest, so I picked that one.

Thanks.

I cant blame you for being so safe for a first cycle. I always say go with some test, but you could make some quality gains with the var at that dosage. Btw- Ive used a variety of compounds and have only experienced hairloss with proviron. I dont see it as neccecary in this cycle anyways. Dont run any AI’s during, just have nolva on hand in case. good luck

Dezz

Cool sounds good. Actually a little hairloss wouldnt be so bad considering im a hairy mofo…haha. So my PCT is ok then? Also, I wanted to keep taking creatine while on this “cycle.”

Also, (off topic) what is the BEST brand of creatine out there. I currently use Optimum Nutrition Creatine (Creapure logo’s on there) 2500 CAPS. I was told caps are pretty useless. What brand of creatine is the best? I just want to get my money’s worth. Thanks.

In my opinion most products containing creatine ethyl ester would probably be your best bet.

At 5’8 150 pounds and two years in the gym it is not gear time. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but you could easily make you goals with diet, training and effort alone.

Sell the gear to someone else and stay natural if that is all you are aspiring for.

[quote]49ersFan81 wrote:
Info:
24 years old
15% body fat
Training for 2 years
5’8" 150lbs
Diet is on point
Trying to reach 165 or 170 MAX…no bigger.

not trying to get huge or anything. I got a REALLY good deal on some gear.

My first cycle looks like this: (i kept it pretty safe because its my first cycle)

Anavar - 15mg IP CHINA (50mg/day - 8 weeks)
Proviron - 25mg (i think)(50mg/day - 8 weeks)
Nolva - 40mg per day - 2 weeks
Clomid - 50mg per day - 2 weeks

I know this probably isnt a great cycle but after research and asking around, it seemed the safest and coincided with my goals. I just wanted to know if my dosage was right, and if my PCT was on track.

Do i need to add/omit anything? Im more concerned with PCT than anything else. Ive been told with var, pct isnt really neccessary but im not taking any chances. Im not averse to needles or anything, but var just seemed the safest, so I picked that one.

Thanks. [/quote]

Is 50mg/day of the Var really enough? I’m doing 40mg/day Var and 40mg/day OT right now, and I’m 5 days in, liking it so far. How big of a difference does the proviron make? and does the Var “kick in” or kinda just slowly do its work?

C1ipse

I agree with trainer from DC. 5’8, 150 lbs 15% You sound like you are in good shape, but not really muscular. How strong are you for that matter?

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
At 5’8 150 pounds and two years in the gym it is not gear time. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but you could easily make you goals with diet, training and effort alone.

Sell the gear to someone else and stay natural if that is all you are aspiring for. [/quote]

Agreed.

Also, this sounds way too much like the teen who posted about a month ago and did not want to get huge but just wanted a light cycle.

I’m gonna basically say what others have been saying thus far, but maybe with a twist. The fact is, if you’re 5’8" and 150 pounds at 15% bf there are several assumptions one might quickly make about your training and your readiness for gear.

First off, right now you only have around 127 lbs of muscle. I could almost personally guarantee that I could design a program for you that would over the course of 6 months to a year add 20 lbs to you and probably reduce your bodyfat as well. Just starting to properly squat on a regular basis (again, I’m assuming you don’t) would add 10 pounds of solid quality muscle to you.

What I have gathered about gear both from anecdotal evidence and analysis of the biological mechanisms at work is that there is a definite dependence between the efficacy of a cycle and the starting point of the subject. More advanced and experienced lifters with more starting body mass tend to get more significant gains than those that are, forgive me for saying this, in the position that you are.

It just seems that to take the risk of introducing androgens, even a mitigated risk or a so called “safe cycle”, should be done after you’ve hit all the “low hanging fruit” training wise. Just set the goal to do it a year from now and get everything else in order (diet, strength, training). Then do a cycle of real test and you will get a lot more support from the vets on this board, I can almost guarantee it.

Yeah. I understand where youre all coming from. Maybe I was just quick to jump the gun. Ive hit a bit of a plateau so a little frustration sets in. It just sucks to see guys I know who have worked out less than I do yet they yield crazy results AND they eat like shit. I work my ass off, watch everything I eat, and sacrifice going out partying, etc etc for a whopping 1 or 2lbs.

Im just going to switch up my routine and eat more. Ill let you guys know my progress 6 months from now.

Im not going to sell my gear because no one will buy it and i want to keep it under wraps. In the closet it will go.

Thanks for getting me back on track.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Nice man, PM me if you want any help with diet or training. This site is great and I have gotten excellent advice from it. I’m 30 now and have been training for 12 years, and have definitely been where you are now. I offer advice with the utmost humility, and am only where I am now due to the patience and knowledge of others. Thanks for listening.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
49ersFan81 wrote:
Im just going to switch up my routine and eat more. Ill let you guys know my progress 6 months from now.

I’m glad you listened to the advice.

Good stuff!

bushy[/quote]

This type of thread is what makes it fun to give advice. The kid listened.

Listening is a wonderful tool - probably the most under-used weapon in the hunt for knowledge.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
49ersFan81 wrote:

I’m glad you listened to the advice.

Good stuff!

bushy

This type of thread is what makes it fun to give advice. The kid listened.

Listening is a wonderful tool - probably the most under-used weapon in the hunt for knowledge.

[/quote]
Listening + Understanding = Knowledge :slight_smile:

It is nice to see someone actually listening to the advice given.
To the OP, post your current diet and training rountine and im sure there will be plenty of information given for you to achieve your goals.
See Ya

Good thread. Props and good luck to the opener.

I am curious about your diet thgouh. Often stagnation in gains is caused by diet.

Off topic, but a story that came to my mind. A guy at work was talking about how he wanted a good supplement so he could “tone up.” I asked him if he wanted to bulk or cut and he said tone. I explained diet, training, and rest are key components.

he said he has diet on point, training on point, but rest is a problem. Yesterday he comes in and says he is going to eat all day like me so he can get big.

His breakfast was white taost, eggs, sausage, and bacon. He ate a snack a little later consisting of ham lunch meat, and potato chips.

Point being, this guy’s diet is far from on point, and I am curious about yours.