T Nation

First Cycle

Hi everyone.

I'm looking into doing my first cycle this year and was hoping for some input. I was considering Test E at 250 per week and Equipoise at 200 per week for 8-10 weeks. I'm fully aware that these are very low doses, but I would like to avoid high doses at this stage. Also, I am not allowed any orals due to health issues, which makes the availability of a "mild" cycle rather limited. Any advice would be much appreciated.

what exactly are your “health issues”?

Natural test is somewhere around 125mg a week, give or take on age etc. You will shut down normal production so replacing with 250 mg a week only gives you a 125mg a week bump. Better than nothing, but really just an aggressive TRT protocol. Seems a lot of effort for very little to me. Equipoise at 200mg a week? Jesus, really?

Just do test only at 500mg a week for 12 weeks as recommended in the stickies.

No need to be original. Your cycle, while not truly worthless, is not worthwhile.

[quote]GoCal wrote:
Natural test is somewhere around 125mg a week, give or take on age etc. You will shut down normal production so replacing with 250 mg a week only gives you a 125mg a week bump. Better than nothing, but really just an aggressive TRT protocol. Seems a lot of effort for very little to me. Equipoise at 200mg a week? Jesus, really?

No need to be original. Your cycle, while not truly worthless, is not worthwhile.[/quote]

well, natural test production is like 3-10 mg/day, so about 70 mg/wk.

but i agree about going with the tired and true test only cycle at 500 mg/wk…

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]GoCal wrote:

No need to be original. Your cycle, while not truly worthless, is not worthwhile.[/quote]

well, natural test production is like 3-10 mg/day, so about 70 mg/wk.

but i agree about going with the tired and true test only cycle at 500 mg/wk…
[/quote]

Yes, you are right. I was just being bit generous, but if you look on the TRT forum many take a 125mg week dose for test replacement. One reason is 125mg injected doesn’t give 125mg useable even with pharma test. There are charts out there for those interested, but I think too specific for most. The main point being on 250mg a week one will shut down natural test so one is hardly getting a bump up in additional test. For those doing a large dose of something like Tren, it makes sense or even Equipoise at 600mg plus although haven’t heard of anyone running that.

[quote]GoCal wrote:

EQ at 200mg/wk for 8-10 weeks is essentially worthless. At that dose and duration the EQ will never really kick in. Might as well just throw it away.

And the test is too low to get any real benefit from it