T Nation

First Cycle

What's up everyone, I've been a lurker for quite some time now but I decided to join because I will be doing my first cycle soon and I want as much advice/opinions as I can get.

A little info on me:
BF %: 8-9
Height: 6'1
Weight: 195
Years of Lifting: ~5 years
Current calorie intake: 3200

I compete in Men's Physique as class D. My goal is to get my pro card in the next 2 years. I've done two shows so far and placed 3rd in novice and 5th open. I feel like in order for me to come on stage with the best package possible and become a pro, I need to take it to the next level. Here's what I planned for my first cycle:

Weeks 1-12
Test E 250mg 2x a week
Arimidex 0.5mg every other day (will do 0.5mg everyday if I experience sides)

Weeks 1-4
Dbol 25mg/day

Weeks 2-12
HCG 250 IU's 2x a week

PCT (Weeks 13-17)
Nolva 40/40/20/20

In addition, I will be taking my usual multi-vitamins, milk thistle, glucosamine, etc for general health. Caloric intake will be around 3500-3600. I don't plan on competing again until April 4th, so I have about 15 weeks to make some good, solid gains to bring a full and conditioned physique on stage. I would like as much honest critique and feedback as possible. Thanks everybody!

you’re a little young to be using steroids, but whatever. Your cycle looks good.

Knock the pct back another week and I would bump the dbol up to 40-50 ED.

What are your macros currently and where do you plan to get the extra calories on cycle?

oh yeah I missed your PCT timing

So start my Nolva from weeks 14-18? Also do you think doubling the dosage of dbol will increase bloat? Majority of my calories come from chicken, turkey breast, 96/4 ground beef, sweet potato and white rice. I usually use almonds and/or almond butter to help bump up my calories. I’m a BIG eater and can easily eat 6,000+ calories in a day, but I don’t want to put on a ton of fat. Trying to keep my body fat % below 12. As of right now my macros are 400 carbs, 240 protein, 71 fat. On cycle I’m thinking around 500 carbs, 340 protein, 80 fat

That is a 900 calorie increase.

I would go for something a little more conservative if you want to keep fat gain down. Maybe increase protein out of the gate by 50g and see how you handle that for the first week or 2 and then increase carbs as you see fit.

Thinking about changing the arimidex to .25mg EOD. Is it necessary to have Letro on hand in case of emergencies?

[quote]Golf0807 wrote:
Also do you think doubling the dosage of dbol will increase bloat?[/quote]

Probably. Would this really be a problem though? The water weight goes away very quickly after you discontinue use. As long as you’re off it well before getting on stage, this shouldn’t be an issue.

[quote]Golf0807 wrote:
Thinking about changing the arimidex to .25mg EOD. Is it necessary to have Letro on hand in case of emergencies?[/quote]

not necessary, but it doesn’t hurt to have it. I doubt you’d need it though. Arimidex should be adjusted based on symptoms, and bloodwork if you get it done. I’ve found the need to run Adex at .5 EOD while running test at 750mg/week. Everyone’s different when it comes to AI’s though.

You could certainly run the dbol at 50/day. If you do that I wouldn’t decrease your AI though. At least not until you’ve finished that part of the cycle.

So after extended research, I’ve made some tweaks to my cycle:

Week 1-12
Test E 500mg (250mg twice a week)
HCG 500 IU’s (250 IU’s twice a week; sub-q)
Arimidex 0.5mg EOD (0.5mg ED depending on side effects)

Week 1-4
Dbol 50mg ED

PCT (Week 15-19)
Clomid 50/25/25/25
Nolva 40/40/20/20

Also, I need bac water for HCG right?

Yep you will need it and an additional sterile vile. You can find some good instructional videos on YouTube.

Looks good. Keep your calories up.

Well, I officially put my order in yesterday for all the supplies I need. Now it’s just a waiting game! Really excited as this is my first cycle and I appreciate everyone’s help and advice in this thread as it’s helped me a lot. I’m planning on putting a log of my cycle to keep everyone updated on how my progress goes!

Some change of plans as far as when I’m going to be competing. I committed to my next show which will be on April 11th (13 weeks out from today). So I made some changes to my cycle to better suit my goals as I want to come in conditioned and full.

Weeks 1-10
Prop 150mg EOD
Masteron 100mg EOD
arimidex 0.5mg every other day (will do 0.5mg everyday if I experience sides)

Weeks 2-10
hcg 250 IU’s 2x a week

Weeks 6-10
Var 60mg ED

PCT (2-3 days after last pin)
nolva 40/40/20/20
Clomid 50/25/25/25

Let me know what you guys think as a lot of adjustments have been made.