T Nation

First Cycle

As you can see from my sign up date, I've been around for a while. I've battled through a few ACL/MCL tears but have managed to get myself up to 205lbs, 13%BF at a height of 5'11, 30 yrs old. Not bad, but not great either. The first two years of training involved shedding the extra 50lbs of fat (got me down to 170) I had acquired through university, and since then I have been gaining steadily.

I've been researching over the past few months in case I finally decide its time to start my first cycle. So here I am, asking the advice of those in the know.

Here is what I am looking at doing for 12 weeks

wk 1- 12 Test E 400mg/wk (pin twice a week)
wk 1- 12 Arimidex 0.25 mg EOD
wk 13-14 Nolva 40 mg for first 5 days (twice daily), then 20mg for remainder of two weeks

I don't plan on using any orals for my first cycle. I was also curious if you would recommend HCG as part of this cycle, or would it be unnecessary? The goal is to gain as much lean muscle as possible within the time frame of the cycle. any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You need to move the PCT back. Cycle ends week 12.
13-14 off
15 Nolva 20mg 2x/d
16-18 Nolva 20mg/d

The dose of test is fine, but upping it to 500 would be just fine as well. 400 is the lowest dose I would suggest for your purposes... You may also want to frontload the test.

Some would probably say to drop the AI at week 14, but I have seen KS man say that running an AI at a low dose is fine.

If you want to include HCG to keep your boys bigger and allow you to recover easier then you could run 250iu 3x per week from week 3-12.
Not 100% required, but some really like it.

The AI should be tapered starting at week 12. AI at a low dose is OK if your estrogen is high naturally, otherwise can drop it too low.

Just a thought, the test E is a slow acting ester (long ester). You may consider a front load in your cycle. Instead of 200mg twice a week for the first two weeks you could do 300mg twice a week for a total of 600mg. Get that test in your system and working!

appreciate all the input, lots to consider no doubt.