T Nation

First Cycle

Hello Everyone, my name is Ben, here are my stats:
training: 5 years (Boxing, MMA, HIIT, Crossfit, and Bodybuilding)
HEIGHT: 6’1"
BODY TYPE: Ectomorph
WEIGHT: in 2003(156lbs)-today(188lbs)
PRODUCTS TESTED: Weight gainer protein, 100% whey protein, No-xplode, creatine, BCAA’s, glutamine, Tribulus(T-bomb II), Cell mass, ZMA,etc.)

FOOD INTATKE: complex carbs throughout day, Simple carbs(before and after workout), plenty of vege’s, protein(chicken, tuna, tilapia, beef), whole milk, cottage cheese, almonds, walnuts, flaxseed oil, olive oil, potatoes,etc.
WORKOUT REGIMEN: one body part a day, Monday-saturday, sunday off, keep the reps low and the weight HEAVY!
SLEEP: 7-8hrs/nightly!
1Rep max
Squat: 300
bench: 280lb
shoulder press: 160lbs
deadlift: 375lbs
Desired weight: 200lbs, no matter how hard I try I can’t break the 190lb mark, seriously no matter what!

I am leaning toward the short cycle program, I wud like to gain the 10lbs over the course of 3 months and feel this program will suffice. I need help on choosing the oral or the inject?

what has been the consensus on the two which wud be better for the program Im trying to follow? also I notice the short cycles do not require any PCT afterwards is this correct or should I be taking Nolva or clomid?

You always do a PCT with any steroid anyone who tells you otherwise should be shot.

You seem to have a decent enough base, in my opinion you are ready to cycle if you feel your ready.

But honestly your pretty lean and quite far from your genetic potential.

You should aim for atleast 200 before you start cycling ideally, and to do that you do need to eat more.

Anyways…

Read the “beginner cycle thread” post any specific questions you might have.

it outlines some basic cycles, the logic behind them, and some procedures and tips.

I recommend you inject, and that you run just good ole Test for your first cycle.

MABEY a little Dbol, but nothing else.

You will need estrogen support on cycle, you will need a PCT, and you will need to eat 4k cals a day and 300 grams of protien.

I personally think you could easily surpass the 200 mark if you would loosen up the diet a little bit and assault your body with some calories. Are you concerned with keeping your abs the entire time? I used to be, and I hit the wall at almost the same weight you have (though I am a couple of inches shorter than you are). I started massively increasing my protein intake and stopped obsessing over calories and macronutrient breakdowns, and guess what, I broke 205 in no time.

I’m not saying you should NOT start a cycle, but if you start too far out from your genetic “limit,” you run the risk of short changing your long term gains. Take it from me, if you start at 188 or 203, you will still be able to pack on 30 or more lbs and keep 20 if you do it right, but every subsequent cycle will find it harder to put on more weight. Everything depends upon what your personal goals are, but do you really think that once you hit 200 you are going to be satisfied?

I Would but what I really want to gain the weight for is overall apperance as well as to get in Fitness Modeling, which is the real reason and I have some idea that to be a good fitness model you need to be 200lbs? the guys that were top ten at the fitness modeling competion in Miami, for Universe Weekend this past june, looked to be 200lbs an above?

also forgot to mention that my starting weight was 156lbs, my dad is 160lbs and my mom weighs 125lbs, so I really don’t have the genetics
sample day of eating:
breakfast: 1 big bowl of oatmeal, 3 whole eggs/2egg whites
snack: 1 whole wheat english muffin/w peanut butter
lunch: 2 cups brown rice. 1 large chicken breast, and 2cups broccli, with almonds or walnuts
afternoon snack: N-large2 wheight gainer
dinner: same as lunch
before bed: cottage cheese, whole wheat bagel, casein protein shake

Add in some pre and post work out nutrition and double your protein source at each meal.

Double morning snack as well

On top of that add in 10-15 fish oil caps per day and 4-5 tablespoons of EVOO. You will start gaining weight again without and issue.

It is just that simple.

I take GNC Fish oil 300mg, 3x/d, I don’t understand ur terminology of 10-15 caps?, Im looking up EVOO as I write this, much appreciated lilguy001

Fish oil typically comes in 1 gram caps. So your total daily intake of 900mg is just short of one cap.

I believe the ones that I use contained about 300 soft gels and were something like 15 bucks.
Each capsule is 1000mg wild alaskan salmon and fish oil, 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA.

[quote]beestings wrote:
I take GNC Fish oil 300mg, 3x/d, I don’t understand ur terminology of 10-15 caps?, Im looking up EVOO as I write this, much appreciated lilguy001 [/quote]

EVOO = Extra virgin olive oil.

Ha never heard it called EVOO, sounds like some evolution supplement or something.

I prefer SLOC, that’s my favorite supplement.
Shit Load Of Calories. Works great!

If you have any questions regarding your first cycle let me know, PM me if need be, I am fairly new to the game but I have first cycle info still fresh on the brain… There are no stupid questions!

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
Fish oil typically comes in 1 gram caps. So your total daily intake of 900mg is just short of one cap.

I believe the ones that I use contained about 300 soft gels and were something like 15 bucks.
Each capsule is 1000mg wild alaskan salmon and fish oil, 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA.[/quote]

1 gram caps, 300 mg of EPA and DHA (180 EPA 120 DHA) in each cap. That’s what he means. If you’re gonna get fish oils from GNC, GIT with someone that works there, and get them on sale. I got em (I work there) for 13.99 for 360 caps. I buy 3 or 4 at a time.

[quote]beestings wrote:
also forgot to mention that my starting weight was 156lbs, my dad is 160lbs and my mom weighs 125lbs, so I really don’t have the genetics
sample day of eating:
breakfast: 1 big bowl of oatmeal, 3 whole eggs/2egg whites
snack: 1 whole wheat english muffin/w peanut butter
lunch: 2 cups brown rice. 1 large chicken breast, and 2cups broccli, with almonds or walnuts
afternoon snack: N-large2 wheight gainer
dinner: same as lunch
before bed: cottage cheese, whole wheat bagel, casein protein shake
[/quote]

Listen to what LillGuy said. You don’t eat NEARLY enough food, and using gear is not going to do much to remedy your problem if you are afraid to eat. You can still eat clean and gain weight, but you need to get a hell of a lot more protein and healthy fats, and probably more carbs, too. All the steroids in the world are still not going to do anything for you if you do not provide your body with the bricks it needs to build your house.

Oh, and forget about genetics. My dad is 160, too, and I had no problem breaking 200 before ever starting my first cycle. He had the same problem I had: He didn’t eat enough.

Cortes I agree with u! im holdin off on the AS and goin to up the protein, carb, fat intake. Randizo thanks for ur assistanc but goin to try the the ol’ natural way for about 3months and c where Im at after that.

Good choice, bud. Combine a big jump in protein with the proper program and you should really see some improvements. Drop back by after a while and bump this thread and let us know how it worked out.

You are a lot more mature and intelligent than a bunch of guys swarming this place right now. You’ll get there.

Geez - someone who actually listens!
EAT EAT EAT.

Finally eating enough calories, protein, and the right carbs changed my life and made me so much stronger. I eventually did my first cycle this past spring/summer, and it was the food (lots of it, and the good kind) that really made things go so well.

If you do decide to cycle - don’t be afraid of carbs! You’ll need 'em.