Going to be running my first cycle (Test-E/Var) come this February-May. Been lifting for 9 years and BBing for 5; I know what I’m doing.
- Goal is to go from 12% BF to 7% over a period of 8-12 weeks while putting on as much lean mass as possible.
15% BF (12% BF at start of cycle)
Test-E: 500 mg/week (weeks 1-10)
Var: 50-60 mg/day (weeks 4-12)
PCT (Nolvadex & Clomid) (post 3 weeks)
- Original diet plan was to bulk for the first month while only using test; take Var, then begin gradual cut, and end with shredded, lean diet
Hypothetical Diet Regimen
Weeks 1-4 (only Test-E): Bulking diet for first 4 weeks, 300-400 calorie surplus
- 3200-3500 calories; 350g carbs, 250+ protein, less than 80g fat
(rice, beef, chicken, oats, fruits, pastas, quinoa, tuna, breads, veggies)
Weeks 5 (Test-E, Var): Calorie intake slightly below maintenance level, 200-300 calorie deficit (-0.5 to -0.6 lb./week)
- 2500-2600 calories; 225-250 carbs, 250-270 protein, 55-65g fat
(brown rice, lean meats (chicken, fish), oats, fruit, veggies, wheat pastas, omega-3 non-hydrogenated oil peanut butter)
Weeks 6-7 (Test-E, Var): Continue to decrease calorie intake, 400-500 calorie deficit (-0.8 to -1.0 lb./week)
- 2300-2400 calories; 175-200 g carbs, 250 protein, 55-60g fat
(brown rice, chicken, fish, broccoli/veggies, fruits, wheat bread, almonds)
Weeks 8-12 (Test-E (8-10)/Var (8-12): Bump calories down to minimum, 600-800 calorie deficit (-1.2 to -1.6 lb./week)
- 2000-2200 calories; carb cycle between 50, 100, 150, 200 g, 250g protein, 55g fat
(brown rice, chicken, tuna, broccoli/veggies, fruits, wheat bread, almonds)
Weeks 13-16 PCT: Diet depends on progress
-I’m looking for advice regarding my diet plan. I’ve read the benefits of Var, yet I’m skeptical as to whether or not I should decrease or increase my calorie intake during the course of the cycle (weeks 1-12). I’ve read some scientific reviews that say Var can aid in fat loss along with the muscle strength increases; with that being said, is it common to lose fat while eating in the maintenance calorie range?
I’ve also seen numerous threads/ personal testimonies on the combination of muscle strength and fat-burning advantages of Var; some people say it acts to increase/maintain muscle preservation while shredding fat, while others say that cardio and diet is still the only way to drop BF (I’m assuming it’s the latter and your genetics).
- Also do you think its wise to bulk during the first 4 weeks while only running Test? It seems a bit inconsistent to bulk for 4 weeks while running a primarily cutting designed cycle; however, I’d like to get the most out of the 4 weeks of Test.
If anyone experienced or knowledgeable can lend me some advice it would be much appreciated.