T Nation

First Cycle Using Sustanon 250

what’s wrong with using hcg for those 2 weeks just prior to pct? wouldn’t that get my balls up to speed so I don’t lose as much gains during that time?

Read newbie thread.

/thread

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
Read newbie thread.

/thread[/quote]

Ohh. Every other day, and every 3 days…I get it :slight_smile:

[quote]Pinto wrote:
How much is in an amp? 1 cc or 2? (I only see 10 and 20ml bottles- so I’m clueless). Either way, I recommend more test- 750 to 1000 mg range. Frankly, I think that is the test “sweet spot”- minimal sides, decent effects. I think you’ll happier running it longer too- maybe 10-12 weeks. I have never used HCG- so I can’t speak for it.There are several SERMs out there for PCT. I like Clomid- but that’s just me. Opinions vary on the which is the best one. Search the forum a little and you’ll find copious discussion on PCT techniques. Good luck[/quote]

NO WAY a beginner needs a gram of test in his first cycle! Standard is 500 mg/week Test E or C (or Sustanon if you must)for 12 weeks followed by 2 weeks of nothing followed by PCT such as Clomid 50 mg for 4 weeks tapering into Nolvadex for 2-3 weeks. Safe, effective, good recovery, usually good retention of gains.

[quote]RSA_Muscle wrote:
what’s wrong with using hcg for those 2 weeks just prior to pct? wouldn’t that get my balls up to speed so I don’t lose as much gains during that time?[/quote]

The drugs are still in your system and running down. You will only lose some water during that time. I don’t like HCG. It sort of short circuits your hypothalamus/pituitary axis by eliminating the use for their protein hormones GHRH, FSH and LH. Those organs tend to atrophy fairly quickly I suspect, at least so in me.

I have a harder time recovering if HCG is used. Clomid on its own works well for me. My testes are full in 2 weeks. Running Nolvadex in at the end of Clomid as running it out seems to help too. You’ll shed water and keep the balls going.

[quote]RSA_Muscle wrote:
LillGuy001 wrote:
Read newbie thread.

/thread

Ohh. Every other day, and every 3 days…I get it :)[/quote]

If you have read through it as well as many of the other threads here, including this one for that matter and you still dont understand what EOD or E3D means then no you dont GET it at all.

[quote]pickapeck wrote:
NO WAY a beginner needs a gram of test in his first cycle! Standard is 500 mg/week Test E or C (or Sustanon if you must)for 12 weeks followed by 2 weeks of nothing followed by PCT such as Clomid 50 mg for 4 weeks tapering into Nolvadex for 2-3 weeks. Safe, effective, good recovery, usually good retention of gains.[/quote]

Why Clomid and then Nolvadex? Don’t they basically do the same thing? Couldn’t I just use Clomid for 2 months as pct?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ok.

I’ve read thru this thread. I’ve read through the newbie threads. I’ve read up on steroid profiles on the net and I keep hearing conflicting advice.

Here is what I put together for a basic beginner cycle.

SUST

W 1-10 – 500mg (2amps)

PCT

W 13 – Clomid 50mg 2x/day
W 14-16 – Clomid 25mg/day

OTHER

W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD
W 6-12 Proviron 25mg 2x/d

How does that look?

And I read on the newbie forum that hcg is a good idea but you guys say it isn’t, so why isn’t it part of pct? It seemed to make sense to me that you should bring the balls up and then start the SERMS so that they can respond properly to the elevated LH. Instead of flaming me, just give me your reasoning.

Thanks

It’s starting to look better, though your injecting Sus only twice a week is still not ideal (EOD being ideal, as I believe has already been said).

Honestly, this is not such a heavy cycle that it is going to take HCG to get everything back on track.

Have you already bought everything? If not, go with test enanthate. I’ve never used clomid myself and am not sure about your clomid dosages. They look a tiny bit on the low side to me but, again, I’m not certain.

Oh, you could pre-load syringes if you have already bought amps, then you have no excuse not to inject EOD.