First Cycle Test Taper

First off I would like to thank everyone here for all the great threads I have been lurking on over the past several months. I have learned more from the objective debate on this site than from any other. Brown nosing aside, here is my info and plan as it is now:

I’m 29 years old and I have been training regularly in some capacity since ~14. I taught and trained in a competitive BJJ/MMA gym in South Florida for several years before moving away to go back to school. I also wrestled and weight trained through High School, but I was a little guy back then. I have currently been weight training for strength 3-4 days a week for the last 2 years.

Body stats:
5’11"
230lb
BF 20%

My goals for the proposed cycle are to lose a good amount of fat while retaining (hopefully gaining) some muscle. In 2006 I weighed in for Jiu Jitsu Nationals at 158lb very lean (~6% BF), so I have put on a lot of muscle with the lard.
Going with a standard cycle as outlined by FG in Cycle Length Guide - Pharma - Forums - T Nation

Onto the cycle:
Week 1 - 12 Test E 500mg/week (250mg each Mon & Thurs)
Week 1 - 12 Arimidex 0.5mg EoD
Week 2 - 12 HCG 200IU 2x/week (Mon & Thurs) (Bill Roberts says less may be better in this thread HCG in PCT - Pharma - Forums - T Nation )
Cycle Ends

Start Waiting Phase
Week 1 - 5 Test E 50mg 2x/week (Mon & Thurs)
Taper off Arimidex by week 3
Waiting Phase Ends

Taper Phase Begins:
Week 1 - 6
mg/week: 80mg/60mg/50mg/40mg/30mg/20mg
Week 1 Toremifene 120mg EoD
Week 2 - 6 Toremifene 60mg EoD

I may also have a source for good quality GH for pretty cheap, if it comes through I am considering the IV HGH method during the course of my cycle, through the end of the taper, per BBB in this thread: http://bit.ly/Wuk7RE
HGH 10IU split into 3 doses (AM, Pre-WO, PWO) All IV.
Pre-WO dose will be the largest.
I can run an IV saline drip, so I guarantee I can find a vein with an insulin needle.

Thanks in advance for advice and thanks again for all the great info over my “research” period.

Cycle looks good. You should be able to lose fat and keep/gain muscle depending on your diet. I would still try and drop some bf before the cycle.

Curious why you are choosing the taper method? Given its a 12 week cycle and the use of hcg you should recover pretty quick with a standard SERM pct. My opinion the taper method is best for someone running a longer cycle but hey what do I know :slight_smile: also with a standard pct the sooner you can do your next cycle!!

Something about IV freaks me out I could never do it, I freakin hate giving blood but I have no problem sticking 1.5" needle in my muscle haha. I don’t know much about hgh so I can’t really comment on that.

iv hgh scares me. unless its actual pharmaceutical grade you down know 100% what you injecting yourself with. but that is up to you. the rest of the cycle looks good although maybe try lower your bf % a bit before you start.

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Curious why you are choosing the taper method? Given its a 12 week cycle and the use of hcg you should recover pretty quick with a standard SERM pct. My opinion the taper method is best for someone running a longer cycle but hey what do I know :slight_smile: also with a standard pct the sooner you can do your next cycle!!
[/quote]

^This…If your gonaa taper might as well make it 16 weeks…

Well I’m getting enough Test E for 20 weeks so I could do 16 and taper, but I want to maximize gains being as this is my first cycle ever. I guess I can see how significant my gains are during the cycle (around week 10?) and decide to keep going as long as that doesn’t seem like a terrible idea.

My real reason for trying out the taper is because it seems like it could very well be the direction my future AAS cycles might take me and I wanted a little experience with it before I try out a long cycle.

I’ve got the diet dialed in and I may be doing a cycle of clen (3 weeks) before my AAS cycle. I’ve also been neglecting cardio, but that changed as of this week, so significant BF losses should commence soon.

IV injects aren’t scary as long as you keep everything clean and you trust your sources. Just as easy as IM once you get a little practice.
Thanks for the review.

Since this is your first cycle I would recommend not going past 12 weeks.

That’s exactly what I had gathered from reading through the forums and why I went with 12 weeks. I’ll cut it down to 10 if I stop seeing gains before that. I can drop the taper protocol and stick with the HCG, then Toremifene during PCT.
It will take me a little while to gather all the materials, so I’ll be focusing on continuing to drop body fat in the meantime.
Thanks.